Wraith Prism too loud - AIO Cooler Alternative ?

Hello there,

I've finished the build of my pc a week ago, all seemed fine until I hit the render button in my 3D software.
After 30 seconds or so, my fan's cooler (the Wraith Prism, the stock cooler coming with the Ryzen 2700X) was spinning full speed and it is insanely loud (over pretty okay headphones with music on loud).

I would like to get an AIO to get a quieter rig
Any recommandation for a price between 80$ and 130$ (the sound is my main target).

Thanks in advance !

As fasauceome said
Actually any alternative that could get me a quiet rig even under load is an option

Edited by Doge Cena
As fasauceome said

An AOI isn't necessarily quieter than a good air cooler. If you wouldn't be interested in the be quiet! dark rock pro 4, then maybe try https://pcpartpicker.com/product/TZQRsY/be-quiet-silent-loop-240-655-cfm-liquid-cpu-cooler-bw002

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

check what temperatures and voltages you're running on the CPU first

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

24 minutes ago, Doge Cena said:

An AIO by itself doesn't make it quieter

What case? A large air cooler is likely more useful for you.

Don't buy cheap AIOs in any event, and get a 240mm AIO at minimum.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Temps (5mn stress test) : 93°C Max, ~91°C average ? (the fan starts speeding up at 90°C), 100% load, on all cores. I was sitting at 41°C before the test.
Running @4.15GHz at 1.448 V (I did not overclock it myself, it's just the game boost mode avalaible in the bios)

And i though AIOs were basically quieter than air coolers, my bad ?
I got a Carbide 275R, i think a large air cooler could fit in

I could go back to the original clock speed, but i didn't buy the 2700X to let him sit at base clock speed.
I read that people managed to get @4.1GHz with still okay temps with the stock cooler

7 minutes ago, Doge Cena said:

Your cooler has to work extra hard because the case has basically no airflow

see what happens to your temps if you take off the side panel and/or front panel

AIOs can be quiet, but a 240mm AIO is equal in performance to a large air cooler, except there's no pump noise with the air cooler.

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Your cooler has to work extra hard because the case has basically no airflow

see what happens to your temps if you take off the side panel and/or front panel

AIOs can be quiet, but a 240mm AIO is equal in performance to a large air cooler, except there's no pump noise with the air cooler.

+1
(+ there's only 2 fans included w/ the case)
I'll try that tomorrow, thanks for the help

Just now, Doge Cena said:

+1
(+ there's only 2 fans included w/ the case)
I'll try that tomorrow, thanks for the help

That case has 170mm of clearance for CPU coolers, so just double check that.

Your cooler choices if you just want a high end large dual tower air cooler are Be Quiet
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/F3gzK8/be-quiet-dark-rock-pro-4-505-cfm-cpu-cooler-bk022

Thermalright Le grand Macho
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/B8rcCJ/thermalright-cpu-cooler-legrandmachort

Or the gold standard of noctua
https://pcpartpicker.com/product/shNypg/noctua-nh-d15-se-am4-1402-cfm-cpu-cooler-nh-d15-se-am4

The fans don't really matter with that case at least in the front because there's no intakes for them, would have suggested a mesh front case

Here's what a case with those issues looks like vs one with airflow

Spoiler

Where are you shopping / located? What ram are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

So finally an update

I removed the side panel, no noticeable change in temperature (-2°C avg. but it might be 'cause of the ambiant temperature)
I went into the bios to remove the game boost mode (i'm back at stock speed now) and tweak the fan curve (the cooler's fan curve was not set up, I think that's why it just went fullspeed suddenly and not gradually)
I now get max 75°C, 72°C avg after a 5mn test, but the cooler is working hard and make a lot of noise
It's only a 92mm fan, and it almost hit 4000RPM @100%

I'm located in France, so I buy my parts from Amazon or from "local" online retailer
I'm using Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C16 (Corsair Product Page)

On 12/13/2018 at 10:26 AM, Doge Cena said:

So finally an update

I removed the side panel, no noticeable change in temperature (-2°C avg. but it might be 'cause of the ambiant temperature)
I went into the bios to remove the game boost mode (i'm back at stock speed now) and tweak the fan curve (the cooler's fan curve was not set up, I think that's why it just went fullspeed suddenly and not gradually)
I now get max 75°C, 72°C avg after a 5mn test, but the cooler is working hard and make a lot of noise
It's only a 92mm fan, and it almost hit 4000RPM @100%

I'm located in France, so I buy my parts from Amazon or from "local" online retailer
I'm using Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C16 (Corsair Product Page)

the ram is perfect, i have a 1600 1st gen ryzen with a stock cooler (6 core 12 thread OC to 3.7 from 3.2) and i run it at about 78-85c every day for multiple hours while streaming, ryzen is reliable up to 95c and doesnt thermal throttle till 90c, AIO and Ait coolers are about the same level of loud because no matter what you have fans, your only chance of getting it any quiter is to do one of a few things IMO 

1. add fans and turn down the curve so they all work a little less

2. get a 360 mm rad (i'm looking to get the corsair h150i pro) and run those on low fan speeds (you will barely hear the pump from the reviews i have watched) 

3. turn up mosic and get over the ear headphones