Drive Not Showing Full Capacity

Choy188

Before you say the drive size will be slightly less than advertised, I know that. I have a 250GB Samsung 970EVO that should show a capacity of around 220-230GB but its showing a capacity of about 100-110GB.

Any ideas? I did use clonezilla to transfer my files onto this drive from my old one, could that be the problem? If it is are there any solutions? Thanks.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x; Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-Pro ; RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB DDR4 3200 MHz ; Storage: Corsair MP600 500GB, Kioxia 2TB M.2 ; Graphics Card: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra ; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE ; Case: Corsair 4000x White

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9310 i7-1185G7

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra

Are the files on your drive right now?

If they are then it's the files.

If they aren't then I've got no clue.

edit: nevermind

22 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Right click start menu, and then go on Disk Mangement

On this window you should see your C:/ Drive and about 120gb of unallocated space. You need to extend the partition to include this unused space.

When you cloned with clonezilla it didn't extend the partition automatically.

Originally the unallocated space wasn't showing up and now it is but now I am getting an error that there's not enough space to extend the partition

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x; Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-Pro ; RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 64GB DDR4 3200 MHz ; Storage: Corsair MP600 500GB, Kioxia 2TB M.2 ; Graphics Card: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra ; CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE ; Case: Corsair 4000x White

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9310 i7-1185G7

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra

48 minutes ago, Choy188 said:

Originally the unallocated space wasn't showing up and now it is but now I am getting an error that there's not enough space to extend the partition

disk management screenshot?

You may have to use a tool like gparted when its shutdown. Make a backup first.