Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Frame rates dropping on second screen when gaming

HarrisonCassidy

Recently, whenever I play games and try to watch YouTube or a stream at the same time I get major frame rate drops down to like 15fps on my second monitor. It happens even with games that use less than half of my gpu. The issue stops when I make my game a smaller window. The problem only happens when the stream/YouTube is not in the front. For example When in the overwatch main menu any sort of stream will stop but will pick back up as soon as I alt tab out of overwatch/scroll over and click on  the stream. 

About a week ago (just before this happened) I tried increasing my 2nd monitors reframe rate from 60hz to 70hz using custom resolution utility. Saw pretty bad screen tearing and changed it back 5 min later. I used the reset-all function.

Suggestions on how to resolve this problem?

main monitor: lg29um69g-b

2nd monitor: dell sp2309w

gpu: Radeon Rex 580 8gb

ps the problem does not occur when games and stream are on opposite monitors

20 hours ago, HarrisonCassidy said:

Recently, whenever I play games and try to watch YouTube or a stream at the same time I get major frame rate drops down to like 15fps on my second monitor. It happens even with games that use less than half of my gpu. The issue stops when I make my game a smaller window. The problem only happens when the stream/YouTube is not in the front. For example When in the overwatch main menu any sort of stream will stop but will pick back up as soon as I alt tab out of overwatch/scroll over and click on  the stream. 

About a week ago (just before this happened) I tried increasing my 2nd monitors reframe rate from 60hz to 70hz using custom resolution utility. Saw pretty bad screen tearing and changed it back 5 min later. I used the reset-all function.

Suggestions on how to resolve this problem?

main monitor: lg29um69g-b

2nd monitor: dell sp2309w

gpu: Radeon Rex 580 8gb

ps the problem does not occur when games and stream are on opposite monitors

Edit: pic: getting 8 FPS on the monitor on the left when the game (not overly demanding) on the right is in the foreground 

F93814C4-19CE-41C7-8177-9356F04A7615.jpeg