A newbie entering a new world of TV opportunity

LowBaller

Hello, First of all i'd like to mention that im not an elitist, using two TN 1080p monitors ( LG 22EN33 and Phillips 223V). Since the christmas sales are near, i started to think about maybe buying a 50" 4k tv, but as soon as i started researching, more quenstions came up than were answered. My PC is an i7-4790k paired with msi gtx 970 ( all memes aside, great card),and my target goal is to watch media(youtube, twitch, movies, tv shows etc) and play the same 1080p content im playing right now( casual MMOs, some tekken 7, PoE) upscaled to TVs 4k. The viewing distance would be around 2.5 meters.. Also i live in eu, and my budget is around 300-400 european coins.
Few options came up which i would buy right on the spot if i had 2 brain cells remaining. Here's some of them :
Samsung UE50NU7092
Hitachi 49HK6500
LG 49UK6300MLB

And with the power of broken english, here are my questions. 
1) does every TV nowadays have a built in upscaler? how "bad" would it be in 400eur TV range?
2) Assuming i want to input a 1080p game into 4k TV, let it upscale. how bad would the picture quality / input lag be? Probably wont be using my glasses to watch 50" TV at 2.5m distance .
3) my GPU has a spare Displayport..... port. Would a Male HDMI to male DP work? any picture distortions/ noice etc to worry about?
That's probably it, Main concerns i have is gaming on it. T#he poor thing 970 can't handle 4k 60 that well, so that's why i want it to output 1080p. Any help, advice, story about similar experience would be much appreciated.

18 minutes ago, LowBaller said:

Hello, First of all i'd like to mention that im not an elitist, using two TN 1080p monitors ( LG 22EN33 and Phillips 223V). Since the christmas sales are near, i started to think about maybe buying a 50" 4k tv, but as soon as i started researching, more quenstions came up than were answered. My PC is an i7-4790k paired with msi gtx 970 ( all memes aside, great card),and my target goal is to watch media(youtube, twitch, movies, tv shows etc) and play the same 1080p content im playing right now( casual MMOs, some tekken 7, PoE) upscaled to TVs 4k. The viewing distance would be around 2.5 meters.. Also i live in eu, and my budget is around 300-400 european coins.
Few options came up which i would buy right on the spot if i had 2 brain cells remaining. Here's some of them :
Samsung UE50NU7092
Hitachi 49HK6500
LG 49UK6300MLB

And with the power of broken english, here are my questions. 
1) does every TV nowadays have a built in upscaler? how "bad" would it be in 400eur TV range?
2) Assuming i want to input a 1080p game into 4k TV, let it upscale. how bad would the picture quality / input lag be? Probably wont be using my glasses to watch 50" TV at 2.5m distance .
3) my GPU has a spare Displayport..... port. Would a Male HDMI to male DP work? any picture distortions/ noice etc to worry about?
That's probably it, Main concerns i have is gaming on it. T#he poor thing 970 can't handle 4k 60 that well, so that's why i want it to output 1080p. Any help, advice, story about similar experience would be much appreciated.

I am in a simular situation, where im looking at a 55inch tv (as the old 50 inch that was in the lounge room blew a capacitor and the people basically said to get a new tv and they use the capacitors in the 50 inch ones and not to buy them) anyway, i use my laptop on the new 49inch 4k tv (dirt cheap as parents paid for it) in the lounge room and it works good, not as good as 4k to 4k but is still easily watchable, and male HDMI to male DP will work (i use one as i have 2 monitors and my GPU has 1 HDMI and 3 DP ports) and i cannot tell the difference between the monitors and one runs through a switch so yeah, LG and Samsung are good brands, dont know much about Hitachi

16 hours ago, LowBaller said:

I feel like it wouldn't be as bad as some people say, but still ... being cautious is smart

being cautious is smart but sometimes you just got to give it a go, i asked on here about the switch and the TV before i brought the TV and everyone was negitive towards it, same as the HDMI to DP lead, but then i tried it and it isnt bad, i feel like people overexagerate the things that they dont like a lot on here (a little example {last month sometime})

image.png.18758e4ba3586bc3279da84d5de9eca8.png

(I felt like i needed to block names as a somewhat bit of privacy is better than none)

I have watched 720p on a 49" 4k display and it honestly is not that bad, it is a little blury but still not that bad not as bad as he is saying, he makes it sound like its displaying 240p

my desktop has a 1060, i have an original ps4, an xbox one s and a switch that only feeds through 1080p, if i was to bump my desktop up to 4k i would play games like overwatch on like 2fps and all the media i consume is mostly 1080p, it might actually be people just not looking at what was posted to begin with.

anyway, back to the original statement it is good to get opinions but sometimes, especially when the thing being purchased isnt that expensive (HDMI to DP lead) its good to just get it and try it out for yourself 

1 minute ago, LowBaller said:

Thanks WickedStarfish . If nothing goes wrong till the holidays, i'll strongly consider doing it.

anytime, let me know how you end up going, and if you want to ask me a question feel free to directly message me (I am usually on at least once or twice a day)