850 Evo 250 GB low speeds and IOPS?

Bouzoo

Anyone here got the same model and feels like running new CrystalDiskMark and Samsung Magician tests? These are my results and they seem kinds low compared to everything I saw:

image.png.a344b4c1dd63f02d02e7c6404a39a2e7.png

image.png.97f376b18cf3193f5c148882583dee75.png

It is used in a Asus N550JK:

i7-4700HQ

8GB 1600 MHz RAM

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Looks fine. Storage in laptops performs slightly slower due to power savings features. 

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
(ノಠ益ಠ)╯︵ /(.□ . \)

6 minutes ago, SSD Sean said:

Looks fine. Storage in laptops performs slightly slower due to power savings features. 

It is rated though for 88K IOPS but I've seen people with even lower scores on desktops.

And the really weird one is 4KiB Q32T1 which people are getting more than double. The only actually proper one is Seq.

I just wanted to compare with other members since there are basically no tests of CDM 6. My system has been kind of getting slow lately, which is weird since it's a newer install, and seems to me that response form SSD has been getting worse. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Blame windows and the hardware power savings features of your laptop and slow GHz. If you want to have a comparison, here's a screenshot of mine at 50% full in a Z370 system with an i7 8700k running at 5GHz. 

The Q8T8 test is where you will see the most IOPS since it is more than one thread. Your numbers are very close to mine there. The other numbers being lower are simply due to your drive being in your laptop. And Q32T1 performance does not impact real world perceived performance. Mainly QD1-2 do.

For anything better, you can try running Windows Optimize, restart, and then see how the numbers look, but it shouldn't change much. 

4.PNG

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
(ノಠ益ಠ)╯︵ /(.□ . \)

2 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

@SSD Sean

do you have an 860 evo or 850? and are you on windows 10?

I have both lol. And why wouldn't I be on Windows 10? Old software is for nubs. 

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
(ノಠ益ಠ)╯︵ /(.□ . \)

@SSD Sean

during the sequential write benchmark in crystaldiskmark, whats your "average response time" in Task Manager? 

because mine shows like 16000ms or something, and i don't understand why, it's not just for sequential it's for all of the write benchmarks, but the read is fine

860 evo 500gb btw

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

6 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

@SSD Sean

during the sequential write benchmark in crystaldiskmark, whats your "average response time" in Task Manager? 

because mine shows like 16000ms or something, and i don't understand why, it's not just for sequential it's for all of the write benchmarks, but the read is fine

860 evo 500gb btw

I get the same thing during the seq write and Q8T8 write tests. Another SSD I just tested hits 64K ms in the task manager even. 

ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ
(ノಠ益ಠ)╯︵ /(.□ . \)

Just now, SSD Sean said:

I get the same thing during the seq write and Q8T8 write tests. Another SSD I just tested hits 64K ms in the task manager even. 

thanks for the help, glad it's just incorrect readings

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.