What games are a must play ?

HowToWasteMyTime
On 12/8/2018 at 7:33 AM, HowToWasteMyTime said:

So i build my new pc 2 days ago and i want to play some games now. Thing is i dont know where to start haha. I havent had a good pc in years so i just stuck with CS:GO, League and Fortnite. Now i dont know where to start with games. There are so many. Was thinking about Titanfall 2 because i allways liked the game but could never play it, and its like 8€ now so yea haha. But what else did i miss in this years ? 

Recommend you save your money and wait for some cool upcoming games such as:

GTFO

World War Z

Hell Let Loose

Battalion 1944

Last year the nightmare

Hide or die

Iron Harvest

Crowfall

Games out now: Deep Rock Galactic

Insurgency Sandstorm (also try out Insurgency the first one on steam)

Hunt: Showdown

This next game I only recommend for advanced users, or if you want to be extremely brave, or if you really liked Hunt: Showdown. The game I am refering to is Escape from tarkov, this is the most hardcore game i've played in a long time. I argue it is even more hardcore than Arma 3.

On 12/8/2018 at 8:05 AM, Worstcaster said:

Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor/War,  Fallout 3,4, New Vegas, Skyrim, Subnautica.  The Bethesda titles (not FO76) allow for lots of modding which is half the fun of playing on PC.  Why just the other day, I downloaded a mod which made the Forsythia in FO4 red.  Red!

Not fallout 4. 

On 12/8/2018 at 8:35 AM, Princess Cadence said:

The game already is fairly dead at this point, only the hardcore fans that will p3wn you fairly easy remains.

Not really. I still get matching swiftly & there are a variety of skill groups. Maybe it’s regional though. 

Ill post games later but doom 1993 with brutal doom mod. Gud. 

<Video Link Removed>

Sneaky beaky like ...

CPU Core i5 3 GHz Motherboard H110M GRENADE RAM 8 GB GPU GTX 1060 MSI Case MSI Infinity Series Storage 256 GB SSD 600p Intel Series + 2 GB Seagate Display(s) 32" 1440p Q3279WG5B Cooling Silent Storm 3, Silent System Keyboard MSI DS4200 Gaming Mouse MSI Interceptor D5 Sound Bloody G300 Operating System Windwos 10

On 12/11/2018 at 9:32 AM, Imbellis said:
  • Heavy Rain
  • Fahrenheit / Ingido Prophecy
  • Beyond Two Souls

You ever played The Awesome Adventures of Captain Spirit or Life is Strange? They should be right up your alley.

• Oxygen Not Included

This totally looks like Craft the World, ever play it? It's an AWESOME game and a bit of a hidden gem because a lot of people have never heard of it.

• The Binding of Isaac
  • Cave Story+
  • Don't Starve
  • No Time To Explain
  • Risk of Rain
  • Bleed / Bleed 2
  • Celeste

These games I have heard of and I want to play them. Celeste and Bleed 2 I have owned for a very long time, only played both of them once for about a half hour though. I liked them a lot just never got around to playing them again since I have so many other games. No Time To Explain I have watched the Achievement Hunter crew play for countless hours so I know all about how good it is. Look forward to picking some of these games up if they are at good prices in the upcoming Steam Winter sale in 5 days.

• The Beginner's Guide
  • Gods Will Be Watching
  • Fran Bow
  • Year Walk

These games I have never heard of until I saw your list so I just wanted to say thanks for the recommendation, they look like great games. Gods Will Be Watching looks like one of the very few point & click games I'd ever play for longer than 10 minutes. That genre is so tough to actually invest time into because for me a game in that genre has to have a lot of things about it to actually grab and keep my interest. 

Gods Will Be Watching has a variety of tags on Steam:

• Great Soundtrack
  • Resource Management (I like when these are basic and/or very easy to master while at the same time making you constantly think about the management)
  • Pixel Graphics (I'm a sucker for these)
  • Puzzles
  • Choices Matter
  • Atmospheric
  • Survival
  • Horror

So hopefully these elements are enough to keep my playing. Great list btw. The rest of the games I'm very familiar with and I have all of them except for...

Creeper World 3 - Just heard about this game for the first time from your list just doesn't seem like I'd enjoy it.

Rimworld - Extremely intimidating to the mind if you know what I mean. Seems too complex.

Thomas Was Alone - I try to get the tin case physical copy of this game from GameStop for $0.99 all the time but someone always beats me to it.

Undertale - I hear so many great things about this game yet every gameplay clip I see just doesn't interest me.

Inside - Seen many trailers of it on console. Figured it was the same as Limbo and just skipped it. Heard it's very good though.

Besiege - Excellent concept. Excellent polished graphics. But again, the time investing to learn the game. Just ain't patient enough.

Cluster Truck - Seems decent just never felt much interest in it. I watched most game play of it from those GTA 5 dudes named Josh, Kwebbelcop and Jelly.

Factorio - Awesome concept I'm just not smart enough to invest time into learning this game. Same for me and Sim City, Civ, Age of Wonders, Stronghold games.

Only If - Actually doesn't look too bad at all. I just don't own the game yet.

Prison Architect - Same as the comment below this one with less polish on the graphics.

The Escapists - So much going on. The music in the background sums it up. I don't know exactly what keeps me from playing it.

West of Loathing - The second tag it has on Steam is the first deal breaker for me. I rarely like games in the comedy genre. I find them to never be funny.

Into The Breach - Seems like FTL and if it is I probably won't get much into it as I've owned FTL for many years and I've played it for about 15 minutes. So dull to me.

Bleed - I have Bleed 2.

Democracy 3 - Seems uninteresting and as boring as politics.

They Are Billions - I feel that I have overlooked this game for a while. One of those Rimworld type games to me. Intimidating to the mind.

Sid Meyers Civ 5 - Have yet to even give these games a go. I want to but it just seems I won't like them.

Portal 2 - I can't remember if I've ever played the original on console but I just remember not being into them. Which I know is a shame for all the praise they get.

Forgive me if I was too honest on some of these. I try my best to take interest in a lot of them but I just can't for some reason.

3 hours ago, aigars2 said:

-Snip-

Wow, never knew Ring of Elysium was anything like that. The environment is top notch. If someone is not moving much, you may never see them. Which is a positive for them until they are spotted. Then it instantly becomes a weakness for them if you are a great shot. Excellent environment and level design if you ask me. That one thing he's using as cover in the first video is high enough to stay crouched behind but low enough to force him to have to reposition himself to pop out above it. Which cost him in the end. If I didn't hate Battle Royale games I might have given that game a try by now. 

36 minutes ago, A Random Dude said:

Wow, never knew Ring of Elysium was anything like that. The environment is top notch. If someone is not moving much, you may never see them. Which is a positive for them until they are spotted. Then it instantly becomes a weakness for them if you are a great shot. Excellent environment and level design if you ask me. That one thing he's using as cover in the first video is high enough to stay crouched behind but low enough to force him to have to reposition himself to pop out above it. Which cost him in the end. If I didn't hate Battle Royale games I might have given that game a try by now. 

Just try it. It's early access and free. It's different, nothing like Fortine etc. 

<Video Link Removed>

Sneaky beaky like ...

CPU Core i5 3 GHz Motherboard H110M GRENADE RAM 8 GB GPU GTX 1060 MSI Case MSI Infinity Series Storage 256 GB SSD 600p Intel Series + 2 GB Seagate Display(s) 32" 1440p Q3279WG5B Cooling Silent Storm 3, Silent System Keyboard MSI DS4200 Gaming Mouse MSI Interceptor D5 Sound Bloody G300 Operating System Windwos 10

Oh ffs guys, listing all that games is no use, all loves different games.

. just put "best AAA games" as a good start and go one by one , or by genre what ever u prefer. 
Also OP if u give us some tips on what you like as genre we may narrow it down. 
For me is sure you shouldn't skip games like GTA V, witcher 3, mass effect trilogy... again its my preference. 

i7-8086K, Strix Z370E-Gaming, G.Skill Trident 32gb 3000MHZ CL 14, Strix 1080 Ti OC, Corsair HX1000i, Obsidian 1000D, Corsair Hydro X custom loop, 13x Corsair LL120, Corsair Lighting Node Pro, 2x SSD Adata SU800 3DNand - 1tb and 128gb, 1Tb WD Blue, Cable Mod Full Cable Kit, Monitor Asus XG27VQ 144Mhz Curved

Oke oke…. let me start by gving you a couple of cheap examples that won't make use of all the extra's the new machine provide but are granted for many hours of fun when you have a liking to these games …

Heroes of Might and Magic 3 ( remastered ) ( VII is oke too ) 
Homeworld ( remastered ) ( deserts of Kharak might make you happy too ) 
Panzer Corps 
StarHammer  ( battlestar galactica might do too though this might be a good starting game ) 
Civilisations V 
Total War Rome II 

oh and star wolves 3 just because its 89 cents atm over at gog.com …. Had lots of fun with the star wolves trilogy when younger and the 3d i play occasional

I think i said few games i enjoyed playing. For now the games i rly liked were:

GTA San Andreas (SAMP was my life back then)

GTA V

Skyrim

Titanfall 2

Horizon Zero Dawn (on my PS4)

God of War (back on the PS2, havent played the new one)

Mafia I and II

Shadow of Mordor

Cant remember more atm.

I generaly dont like strategy games of any kind (not even Xcom), I like puzzle games on my phone (like The Room). I tryed the new NFS and got so disapointed in the first 30 mins of the game that i dont want to open it anymore. That made me not download the NFS 2015 or so. Btw i have the Origin premium shit, so i can play a lot of EA games for "free". I know EA is pay to win, but i loved Titanfall 2 story and gameplay, the MP was kinda meh. 

Off the top of my head (choosing relatively newer games):

Dark Souls trilogy, Bioshock trilogy, Metro 2033 & Metro Last Light, Fallout New Vegas, Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2, Prey, Overwatch, Doom 2016, Skyrim, Far Cry 3 4 5 Blood Dragon Primal, Hitman 2016 & 2018, Vampyr, etc.

Ryzen 1600x @4GHz

Asus GTX 1070 8GB @1900MHz

16 GB HyperX DDR4 @3000MHz

Asus Prime X370 Pro

Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Noctua NH-U14S

Seasonic M12II 620W

+ four different mechanical drives.

4 minutes ago, Giganthrax said:

Doom 2016

this aint it chief

/s

definitely play happy wheels

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

On 12/11/2018 at 4:28 PM, A Random Dude said:

This is a false statement. Officially, they are also available on PC.

Never in my life have I seen a Ratchet and Clank game that says "PC" instead of "Playstation" on it.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

29 minutes ago, Underi said:

Never in my life have I seen a Ratchet and Clank game that says "PC" instead of "Playstation" on it.

All I'm saying is that it officially runs on PC. As in you can play the game on PC. Whether or not it's listed on some wiki that it's on that platform I could care less about. 

On 12/18/2018 at 8:18 PM, A Random Dude said:

All I'm saying is that it officially runs on PC. As in you can play the game on PC. Whether or not it's listed on some wiki that it's on that platform I could care less about. 

With official I meant that Insomniac is selling their products on that specific platform. They aren't selling Ratchet and Clank for PC, they are selling it for playstation. Sure, it runs on PC, but it's not MEANT for it.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

1 hour ago, Underi said:

Sure, it runs on PC, but it's not MEANT for it.

I would rather run it on my PC than to run it wherever it's meant to be ran simply because running it on PC makes it look and play much better. Whatever Insomniac chooses to do in the selling department, I could care less about as well. Games are meant to be played however the player wants them to be played. And I prefer higher resolution and higher fps. Among other things, like mods. I can change the game. Adding anti-aliasing or anisotropic filterting for example. Or post-processing effects. These things make the game such a better experience, thus giving me a reason to actually play them again.

Knights of the Old Republic 

Knights of the Old Republic II 

Warcraft 3 (tons of single player custom maps and campaigns to play) 

i5-4670K ~ RX 470 ~ Z87MX-D3H ~ MX300 525GB ~ CM Hyper 212+ ~ 12GB 1600MHz Ram ~ EarthWatts 650 ~ NZXT GAMMA ~ WD Blue 250GB