Wanting to mod my RX 470

Neon_Fennec

So my RX 470 4gb runs hot but that is typical for AMD cards it has no copper to help reduce the heat idle temps are 50°C with 50% fan speed.
I was wondering if there was a way to mod it to make it cooler like maby grinding a section to add the plate into.
or would anyone recommend a way to help my card because under high load I'm looking at 90°C
I'm up for any ideas or help I don't have the money to spend on a new graphics card.

Faza_Fox

Have you removed the heat sink and applied some quality thermal paste?  Cleared out the heat sink with some compressed air?  Does your pc case have adequate airflow?   

it is clean I replaced the paste with MX4 already and air flow is good it just has a problem heating up all the time when gaming.

Faza_Fox

Have you created a custom fan curve for it ?  some cards will not ramp up the fan rpm to max to keep things quiet.  

I use MSI afterburner to run the fans at 50% all the time when gaming with heavy GPU games I have to run at 100% to keep it from overheating.

Faza_Fox

well I found Asus GPU tweak 2 and its helped keep my video card at 70°C on max load but still wish to make it run cooler.

Faza_Fox