Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New custom build freeze on windows logo (at startup)

World_Of_Yolo

So i just received the parts for my new pc yesterday. I built it, installed the drivers,... everything was fine. I started downloading all the windows updates, but it was so long, that i choose to go outside instead of waiting. When i came back, my pc was off. I pushed the power button, all the RGB lights up, my screen show the gigabyte logo, but then the spinning dots under the windows logo freeze and it doesn't load.

Every single time i try to start it up, it freeze. 

Here is the specs : 
- Motherboard : Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro

- CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

- RAM : 16GB (2x8) of Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 at 3000Mhz

- GPU : Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB Windforce 

- PSU : Corsair RM850i

- SSD : Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

And here is what i tried, and didn't resolve the problem : 
- Checked all the cable, everything was plugged;

- Using an other PSU;

- Starting the PC with and without the GPU;

- Starting it with each stick of RAM too know if one of them is dead;

- Using the SSD on my other PC, windows started;

- Tried to repair windows with a USB stick;

- Using an other storage with a fresh installation of windows;

- reinstalling windows on the SSD;

- I checked the BIOS to see if their was something "weird", but didn't seems like it;

- All of my parts are shown in the BIOS;...

I really don't know what to do now... All the parts seems to work, but why does my pc freeze every single time ? 
Do you have any idea to resolve that ? 

I can't do it on this new pc, it freeze everytime after the gigabyte logo. 

So i reinstalled it with the help of my "old" pc, it worked just fine, but when i put the SSD back in my new PC, it freeze. 

Even my "old" HDD with a working Windows doesn't work with my new pc :/

4 minutes ago, World_Of_Yolo said:

windows logo

I don't recall seeing Windows logo upon booting up in Windows 10. All I see is those spinning dots under the vendor logo.

Did you installed Windows 7?

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

6 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

I don't recall seeing Windows logo upon booting up in Windows 10. All I see is those spinning dots under the vendor logo.

Did you installed Windows 7?

It's the spinning dots under the windows 10 logo. They stop to spin and windows don't load, even after waiting an hour. 

If you're reinstalling Windows to fix it then you should be booting from your installation media.  I'm assuming you installed Windows off of a USB stick?  You need to re-do that process.  You're not going to be booting the drive with your bad Windows install so it shouldn't get to the point where it hangs up.  

AMD Ryzen 3900X  |  Fractal Design S36 360 AIO w/6 Corsair SP120L fans  |  Asus Crosshair VII WiFi X470  |  G.SKILL TridentZ 3600CL15 2x8GB @ 3800MHz 14-16-14-14-34  |  EVGA 1070 Ti SC GAMING ACX 3.0 Black w/NZXT Kraken G12 Cooler  |  Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 500GB - Boot Drive  |  Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB - Game Drive  |  Seagate 1TB HDD - Media Drive  |  EVGA 650 G3 PSU | Thermaltake Core P3 Case 

1 minute ago, nick name said:

If you're reinstalling Windows to fix it then you should be booting from your installation media.  I'm assuming you installed Windows off of a USB stick?  You need to re-do that process.  You're not going to be booting the drive with your bad Windows install so it shouldn't get to the point where it hangs up.  

It can still crash at that point when the HDD or SSD is dead or defect, even if booting from the stick.

What I think is happening is dead or defect SSD. OP should try another SSD with a clean windows install and see if issue is fixed.

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

5 hours ago, World_Of_Yolo said:

So i just received the parts for my new pc yesterday. I built it, installed the drivers,... everything was fine. I started downloading all the windows updates, but it was so long, that i choose to go outside instead of waiting. When i came back, my pc was off. I pushed the power button, all the RGB lights up, my screen show the gigabyte logo, but then the spinning dots under the windows logo freeze and it doesn't load.

Every single time i try to start it up, it freeze. 

Here is the specs : 
- Motherboard : Gigabyte B450 Aorus Pro

- CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 2700x

- RAM : 16GB (2x8) of Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 at 3000Mhz

- GPU : Gigabyte GTX 1060 6GB Windforce 

- PSU : Corsair RM850i

- SSD : Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

And here is what i tried, and didn't resolve the problem : 
- Checked all the cable, everything was plugged;

- Using an other PSU;

- Starting the PC with and without the GPU;

- Starting it with each stick of RAM too know if one of them is dead;

- Using the SSD on my other PC, windows started;

- Tried to repair windows with a USB stick;

- Using an other storage with a fresh installation of windows;

- reinstalling windows on the SSD;

- I checked the BIOS to see if their was something "weird", but didn't seems like it;

- All of my parts are shown in the BIOS;...

I really don't know what to do now... All the parts seems to work, but why does my pc freeze every single time ? 
Do you have any idea to resolve that ? 

Also maybe try another Sata port on the motherboard, with another sata cable maybe just to make sure ? 

After all, I guess I would probably dissemble the pc completely, reassemble and try again everything from scratch with a new SSD and have a fresh windows install

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

Also if you have other storage like HDDs or other SSD try unplugging them all and only use the one that has windows installed on it

9 hours ago, nick name said:

I had to reinstall windows with the help of an other PC, because when i try to boot the installation USB stick with my new PC, it freeze too... 

9 hours ago, gbergeron said:

Also maybe try another Sata port on the motherboard, with another sata cable maybe just to make sure ? 

After all, I guess I would probably dissemble the pc completely, reassemble and try again everything from scratch with a new SSD and have a fresh windows install

I tried all the other SATA port, same issue :/