Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First time builder—Do I have everything I need and are thereany better options?

I need some help. I am a first time pc builder and I have chose some parts for a gaming pc for playing games like GTA5. The parts I’ve chose are:

• H500p mesh as a case
  • A core i5 8600k as the cpu
  • A GTX 1070 as a graphics card
  • Two Corsair vengeance LPX 8gb ddr4 ram sticks
  • An ASUS prime Z370-A LGA1151 as a motherboard
  • An ADATA SU800 128gb SSD
  • A Seagate barracuda 2TB hard drive
  •  A deep cool cpu GAMMAXX 400 cpu cooler
  • Arctic silver thermal paste
  • And a EVGA 600 b1 power supply

Is there anything missing that i need? Anything I need to change? I don’t really want to spend a ton more for something a little better so please take that into account. 

What's your budget and location?

CPU: Intel Core i7-950 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R CPU Cooler: NZXT HAVIK 140 RAM: Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 (1x2GB), Crucial DDR3-1600 (2x4GB), Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 (1x4GB) GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II 2GB SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 2.5" 1TB HDDs: WD Green 3.5" 1TB, WD Blue 3.5" 1TB PSU: Corsair AX860i & CableMod ModFlex Cables Case: Fractal Design Meshify C TG (White) Fans: 2x Dynamic X2 GP-12 Monitors: LG 24GL600F, Samsung S24D390 Keyboard: Logitech G710+ Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Mouse Pad: Steelseries QcK Audio: Bose SoundSport In-Ear Headphones

dont bother with getting AS5 thermalpaste, dont get that PSU and get a better unit at 500W instead. you can use this list to help pick one:

get something teir 3 up preferably

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016