Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Are Lian Li still the shiz?

grangervoldemort
 Share

So I'm 29 years old. Haven't built a PC since 2012.

 

Looking to build a new PC.

 

Currently have a Coolermaster StormTrooper, which I thought was cool looking all those years ago but now I think it looks obnoxious ... kinda.

I want something sleek and professional looking but still a little bit 'gamer'. No stupid RGB.

 

The great thing about my Stormtrooper is it's very functional. 

External front loading 2.5 inch bay.

Space for about 8 hard drives and more space for ssd's if you put in the supplied mount at the bottom of the case.

Lots of space. 

 

Supplied fans are loud and my fan controller just died on me (Bitfenix (look at my sig)).

The front matte plastic has become sticky. As I sadly found out, it happens to all matte finishes :(

 

I don't want something with a finish like this again. It's a freaking dust magnet. 

Side plastic scratches VERY easily. Does tempered glass also scratch easily?

 

I guess my main focus is reduce sound and maybe reduce size.

I think my case is a full ATX and perhaps I may be better suited to a mid tower this time around.

 

I have many hard drives and am thinking of a way to reduce the number of drives. I have 2x 2TB, 2 x 1TB and my 500GB new Crucial SSD (need to update sig).

I am going to get either 1 or 2 8TB drives. 

Do you think I can sell those other drives, or should I install all of them? Motherboards have limited amount of SATA connectors....

 

My current GPU (check sig) is loud AF. When gaming its like a jet engine.

 

Any ideas on GPU's that don't sound like a jet when gaming?

Sooooooo back in the days, Lian Li were the absolute pinnacle of PC cases. Is this still the case? They used to make Apple like quality cases. All metal.

 

I don't want a case that I cut myself on while working and I don't want one that feels and looks cheap.

 

Any thoughts? 

 

Feel free to ask questions.

 

Thank you

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

 

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

 

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

 

- Samsung BluRay ODD


Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HZKbD2
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HZKbD2/by_merchant/

Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB AMP Edition Video Card  ($358.99 @ B&H)
Case: Lian-Li - PC-O11DW ATX Full Tower Case  ($111.20 @ Walmart)
Total: $470.19
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-07 13:07 EST-0500

 

While you're at it it might be worth just doing a whole system rebuild. The 3570K is pretty old and a quad core is quite limiting theses days

 

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rxmKRJ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rxmKRJ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($169.89 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 33 eSports ONE (Black/White) CPU Cooler  ($32.07 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($93.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Mushkin - Enhanced Silverline 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($97.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($0.00)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB AMP Edition Video Card  ($358.99 @ B&H)
Case: Lian-Li - PC-O11DW ATX Full Tower Case  ($111.20 @ Walmart)
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $924.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-07 13:09 EST-0500

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

 

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the Stryker, white gloss version of the trooper.

 

Yea windows easily scratched, but also easily modded. If you wanted you could replace it with glass. i havnt had to yet, im very carefull with my rig.

You could repaint yours, i didnt like the black front dust covers so i painted them white on mine to better match the rest of the case. I also got some PSU covers from Coolermaster themselves, ones from their HAF series. and fit them inside the clean up the bottom.

 

if i were to buy a new case today, then yea Lian Li are still great, but i would also look at NZXT, Fractal Design, and Phanteks cases. Though tbh i would actualy very much consider building a case myself.

 

EDIT: as for the rig itself. If i were u i would grab myself a used 3770k and a good top end air cooler. And a new GPU , what ever u can afford, any dual or triple fan cooler design wil work fine, though if u go for a 1080ti , avoid the MSI armor ..that cooler is meant for the 1070 and isnt good enough for the 1080ti they put it on.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, grangervoldemort said:

Side plastic scratches VERY easily. Does tempered glass also scratch easily?

Tempered glass does not tend to scratch easy. 

6 minutes ago, grangervoldemort said:

Do you think I can sell those other drives, or should I install all of them? Motherboards have limited amount of SATA connectors....

Most modern cases are limiting themselves to only 2 hard Drives bays. This isnt to say you cant find cases that have more than two bays, but at the $100 price point, you'll notice a trend to "Two hdd trays in a sled under the PSU Shroud"

8 minutes ago, grangervoldemort said:

Sooooooo back in the days, Lian Li were the absolute pinnacle of PC cases. Is this still the case? They used to make Apple like quality cases. All metal.

Many cases these days use metal, mainly steel. I would personally cite NZXT and Phanteks for making cases that have good build quality but are affordable which has seemed to shift the case market in that direction. Lian Li Cases were expensive AF and tended to be out of most people's pricce range mostly because they used Aluminum, not Steel (Ala PC-O8) but have recently launched a very affordable and great case PC-O11D (made from steel)

 

For a while Caselabs was considered the ultimate case for thier modularity, customizability and extreme hardware support. Lina Li and In Win were the "Form over function" designs (In win S for example) that used premium materials (they were some of the first to use Tempered Glass)

 

Fractal Design is another solid case Maker I ten to like as a whole. Coolermaster, Corsair and Thermaltake (The big three) all have good cases and bad cases to some extent. 

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

 RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TVwazhere said:

Tempered glass does not tend to scratch easy. 

Most modern cases are limiting themselves to only 2 hard Drives bays. This isnt to say you cant find cases that have more than two bays, but at the $100 price point, you'll notice a trend to "Two hdd trays in a sled under the PSU Shroud"

Many cases these days use metal, mainly steel. I would personally cite NZXT and Phanteks for making cases that have good build quality but are affordable which has seemed to shift the case market in that direction. Lian Li Cases were expensive AF and tended to be out of most people's pricce range mostly because they used Aluminum, not Steel (Ala PC-O8) but have recently launched a very affordable and great case PC-O11D (made from steel)

 

For a while Caselabs was considered the ultimate case for thier modularity, customizability and extreme hardware support. Lina Li and In Win were the "Form over function" designs (In win S for example) that used premium materials (they were some of the first to use Tempered Glass)

 

Fractal Design is another solid case Maker I ten to like as a whole. Coolermaster, Corsair and Thermaltake (The big three) all have good cases and bad cases to some extent. 

I didn't say under $100. I can spend upto £250 on a case.

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

 

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

 

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

 

- Samsung BluRay ODD


Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

I have the Stryker, white gloss version of the trooper.

 

Yea windows easily scratched, but also easily modded. If you wanted you could replace it with glass. i havnt had to yet, im very carefull with my rig.

You could repaint yours, i didnt like the black front dust covers so i painted them white on mine to better match the rest of the case. I also got some PSU covers from Coolermaster themselves, ones from their HAF series. and fit them inside the clean up the bottom.

 

if i were to buy a new case today, then yea Lian Li are still great, but i would also look at NZXT, Fractal Design, and Phanteks cases. Though tbh i would actualy very much consider building a case myself.

 

EDIT: as for the rig itself. If i were u i would grab myself a used 3770k and a good top end air cooler. And a new GPU , what ever u can afford, any dual or triple fan cooler design wil work fine, though if u go for a 1080ti , avoid the MSI armor ..that cooler is meant for the 1070 and isnt good enough for the 1080ti they put it on.

Build a case yourself? Nah man ain't got time for dat nor the skill nor tools nor knowledge. I do NOT want to mod. I want a stress free PC. This build has been a nightmare. I want to reduce the number of parts this time. No fan controller. This fan controller has never worked properly and has caused me nothing but stress.

 

I want a PC case that will regulate CORRECTLY the fans itself. I don't want to have to install speedfan and spend weeks trying to learn the software and create graphs etc etc. Plug and go is what I want. 

 

I built another PC back in 08' with a NZXT hush. Hate that case. It's pretty cheap in build quality compared to my Trooper... and the trooper looks and feels cheap too compared to say apple products. 

 

But WHAT GPU? That's important. The one I have is loud AF. I have to constantly MANUALLY have to go into AMD Radeon software and manually adjust the fan speed to 20% when I want it to be quite then open it again and put it in Auto when I want to game. 

In auto it defaults to a minimum of 40%. At that speed its stupidly loud.

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

 

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

 

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

 

- Samsung BluRay ODD


Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, grangervoldemort said:

Build a case yourself? Nah man ain't got time for dat nor the skill nor tools nor knowledge. I do NOT want to mod. I want a stress free PC. This build has been a nightmare. I want to reduce the number of parts this time. No fan controller. This fan controller has never worked properly and has caused me nothing but stress.

 

I want a PC case that will regulate CORRECTLY the fans itself. I don't want to have to install speedfan and spend weeks trying to learn the software and create graphs etc etc. Plug and go is what I want. 

 

I built another PC back in 08' with a NZXT hush. Hate that case. It's pretty cheap in build quality compared to my Trooper... and the trooper looks and feels cheap too compared to say apple products. 

 

But WHAT GPU? That's important. The one I have is loud AF. I have to constantly MANUALLY have to go into AMD Radeon software and manually adjust the fan speed to 20% when I want it to be quite then open it again and put it in Auto when I want to game. 

In auto it defaults to a minimum of 40%. At that speed its stupidly loud.

Well judging by the £250 u could spend on the case i would say go all the way to the top and grab a 1080ti or a 2080 ...forget the 2080ti , ,thats a rippof.

Which one specificaly.... perhaps a EVGA FTW, or Gigabyte Auros or Gaming.. or MSi Gaming X. All good choices.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HZKbD2
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/HZKbD2/by_merchant/

Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB AMP Edition Video Card  ($358.99 @ B&H)
Case: Lian-Li - PC-O11DW ATX Full Tower Case  ($111.20 @ Walmart)
Total: $470.19
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-07 13:07 EST-0500

 

While you're at it it might be worth just doing a whole system rebuild. The 3570K is pretty old and a quad core is quite limiting theses days

 

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rxmKRJ
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/rxmKRJ/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 2600 3.4 GHz 6-Core Processor  ($169.89 @ OutletPC)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC - Freezer 33 eSports ONE (Black/White) CPU Cooler  ($32.07 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: ASRock - B450 Pro4 ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($93.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Mushkin - Enhanced Silverline 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($97.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial - MX500 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($0.00)
Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB AMP Edition Video Card  ($358.99 @ B&H)
Case: Lian-Li - PC-O11DW ATX Full Tower Case  ($111.20 @ Walmart)
Power Supply: Corsair - RMx (2018) 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($59.99 @ Newegg)
Total: $924.11
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-12-07 13:09 EST-0500

It will be a full rebuild.

The only thing I will be keeping is the Bluetooth adapter, the soundcard and the drives and cables. And the Lian Li powerswitch. 

 

I live in the UK btw. 

 

Not too keen on the case you showed me. A little too much glass I think.

 

Is 550w enough? 

 

I don't want to go AMD. I want to stick to Intel... safe bet IMO in terms of software that makes use of Intel features.... especially as I will be video editing.

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

 

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

 

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

 

- Samsung BluRay ODD


Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Well judging by the £250 u could spend on the case i would say go all the way to the top and grab a 1080ti or a 2080 ...forget the 2080ti , ,thats a rippof.

Which one specificaly.... perhaps a EVGA FTW, or Gigabyte Auros or Gaming.. or MSi Gaming X. All good choices.

Woah noooo. I don't have that much to spend on the GPU.

 

I won't be gaming much. It will be a video editing PC.

 

I want to spend more on the case this time as I want something quiet and good looking and of great build quality. 

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

 

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

 

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

 

- Samsung BluRay ODD


Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, grangervoldemort said:

It will be a full rebuild.

The only thing I will be keeping is the Bluetooth adapter, the soundcard and the drives and cables. And the Lian Li powerswitch. 

 

I live in the UK btw. 

 

Not too keen on the case you showed me. A little too much glass I think.

 

Is 550w enough? 

 

I don't want to go AMD. I want to stick to Intel... safe bet IMO in terms of software that makes use of Intel features.... especially as I will be video editing.

Fair enough I guess. Yeah definitely 550w is enough for any single GPU system these days

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

 

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Fair enough I guess. Yeah definitely 550w is enough for any single GPU system these days

I am thinking of getting rid of this TX650W I have right now because as of today my Fan controller died and I also experienced other weird things like a disconnect then connect sound in dinwos 10... at the same time the screen flickered, my GPU defaulted back to Auto by itself and the CPU fan shot up to max speed like it does on system boot temporarily. I think it may be the PSU.

 

The fan controller isnt dead dead. It started doing weird things. Like any vibration and the controller would restart and set all fans to max speed. Now it seems to be damaged and thinks that the tempreature is 0C so sets all fans to max and won't do any changes I make to fan speeds.

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

 

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

 

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

 

- Samsung BluRay ODD


Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, grangervoldemort said:

I am thinking of getting rid of this TX650W I have right now because as of today my Fan controller died and I also experienced other weird things like a disconnect then connect sound in dinwos 10... at the same time the screen flickered, my GPU defaulted back to Auto by itself and the CPU fan shot up to max speed like it does on system boot temporarily. I think it may be the PSU.

Yeah, get a new PSU as well. RM550x is on sale for $60 right now which is a hell of a deal (RMx is the best of the performance Golds)

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

 

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Yeah, get a new PSU as well. RM550x is on sale for $60 right now which is a hell of a deal (RMx is the best of the performance Golds)

I live in the UK

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

 

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

 

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

 

- Samsung BluRay ODD


Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

 

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Ok thanks.. I will see about the PSU when the time comes.

 

How do I edit my signature do you know?

Any ideas on cases as per my OP?

 

That site is really cool. Didn't know a comparison site exists. I manually go to each site like eBuyer, OCUK, Scan etc and check each components price.....

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

 

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

 

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

 

- Samsung BluRay ODD


Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, grangervoldemort said:

How do I edit my signature do you know?

https://linustechtips.com/main/settings/signature/

 

That link should bring you to your signature

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

 RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

https://linustechtips.com/main/settings/signature/

 

That link should bring you to your signature

Thanks

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

 

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

 

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

 

- Samsung BluRay ODD


Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Still need case ideas etc. Anyone?

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

 

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

 

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

 

- Samsung BluRay ODD


Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, grangervoldemort said:

Still need case ideas etc. Anyone?

Here's a UK case link

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#X=5538,25602&t=3

 

Some suggestions from the link:

 

Best For Airflow

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG

Fractal Design Meshify C

Coolermaster H500P Mesh / H500M

 

Best Aesthetics

NZXT H700

Corsair 570X

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X

Fractal Desing Define R6

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

 RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX550M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

Here's a UK case link

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/products/case/#X=5538,25602&t=3

 

Some suggestions from the link:

 

Best For Airflow

Phanteks Enthoo Pro M TG

Bbest Aesthetics

 

NZXT H700

Corsair 570X

Coolermaster H500P Mesh / H500M

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X

Didn't know the site can be used to look for parts in this way. Useful.

 

I think we have very different ideas on what is aesthetically pleasing when it comes to cases.

I don't like the look of any of those, especially the Corsair and the double chin Phantek. 

 

I will delve a little deeper into that tool. I have also gooled 'best pc case' and looked at the top rated cases. Some of the ones you listed show in the list of best cases.

One of the bad things apparently about the H700 is poor cable management.

 

The H700 is OK looking.. but its only OK looking. It also only has 2x 3.5 bays while it has 5x 2.5 inch bays... who has money for 5 SSD's?! Nuts.

 

I also think NZXT is of fairly cheap build quality. As I said I'm going by the NZXT Hush case that I bought for another PC build in the other room in 08'.

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

 

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

 

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

 

- Samsung BluRay ODD


Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, grangervoldemort said:

Still need case ideas etc. Anyone?

Be quiet cases are really great. Awesome quality and very quiet when operating. 

 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/TYBTwP/be-quiet-silent-base-601-window-silver-atx-mid-tower-case-bgw27

 

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/r2QRsY/be-quiet-dark-base-700-atx-mid-tower-case-dark-base-700

 

They have full tower, mid tower. Check them out. I personally went with the Phanteks Entho Pro M. Absolutely solid case, I love it and it has plenty of room. Long as you have good fans, noise shouldn't be much of an issue. GL

Ryzen 3800X + MEG ACE w/ Radeon VII + 3733 c14 Trident Z RGB in a Custom Loop powered by Seasonic Prime Ultra Titanium
PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | My Build

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Gonna pipe up for the Enthoo Pro M. Clean lines and plenty of room for cooling and all the hardware you could want (360+280 in theory)

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

 

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Fans. That's important. What fans to get? What max rpm? How will they be controlled. I don't want to have to buy a fan controller. 

The one I've got right now never worked properly from day 1 and now it's busted. 

No fan controller means one less part to go wrong. 

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

 

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

 

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

 

- Samsung BluRay ODD


Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hello?

- Core i5 3570k
- GA-Z77X-D3H -- REV 1.0

- Samsung Green 8GB DDR3 C11 1600Mhz 30nm
- Gigabyte HD 7870 OC Windforce 3x 2GB

- Corsair TX 650W

 

- Asus Xonar D2X PCI-E

- TP-Link Wireless N Adapter TL-WDN4800
- Bluetooth Adapter - TRUST 17772

 

- OS Drive Crucial MX500 500GB

 

- Samsung BluRay ODD


Lian Li SATA power switch BZ-H06B
BitFenix Recon Internet-Connected Fan Controller
Zalman CNPS9500AT with Zalman ZM-CS5B CNPS Clip Support

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 12/11/2018 at 4:26 AM, grangervoldemort said:

Fans. That's important. What fans to get? What max rpm? How will they be controlled. I don't want to have to buy a fan controller. 

The one I've got right now never worked properly from day 1 and now it's busted. 

No fan controller means one less part to go wrong. 

How much do you want to spend on fans? I'm guessing after reading your posts here that stock fans are unacceptable 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×