[Challenge] Help me find the perfect Case

Alkahna

Hi,

im looking for a new case.

I have a case that I really like in terms of features BUT I bought it a few years back for under 60 € and since then the price just went up to like 72 € right now.

So I guess its not being produced anymore (or in small numbers) so it will disappear some day or get much more expensive.

My case is the Aerocool Aero 1000: http://www.aerocool.us/pgs/pgs-a/pgs_a_a1000_bk.html

I "challenge" you to find a case that matches my criteria ?

When you look at mondern cases this case is just "awefull" as many people would say I believe, but I just dont care about most of the new stuff (mostly looks) it has to be functional!

Must Have's (if doenst have those it's out):

• easy access dust filtration with removeable filters on Front, Top and Power Supply
    • look at the pictures of the Case on the product page
    • these are just fantastic for easy cleaning
  • Front USB 3 Type A (at least 1)
  • Full-ATX motherboard & full atx power supply compatible
  • mounts for at least two 3,5" drives
  • at least one 5,25" Bays (BlueRay Drive) but I'd rather have two

Dont Care about / Nice to have:

• RGB (yeah i'm one of those guys)
    • if it has RGB i'm probably gonna turn it off anyways so super unimportant
  • USB-C
    • dont have USB-Devices other than my phone and that charger has Type-A on the other end
    • if it has regular USB 3-Type A & USB-C it would be a "nice to have" but nothing more
  • tempered glass
    • Many want that these days, but I dont ?
    • I dont care about a windowed panel of any kind be it glass or plastic
    • since that most of the time conflicts with easy access dust filtration!

I would buy and use a case that had USB-C or glass or RGB but I would not sacrifice anything to rather have those!

So plz dont hate because I dont care about the 3 bigget new "things" with cases these days and I hope you guys can find me a case that:

• does the same thing at a lower cost
  • has the same features but adds mondern stuff (like USB-C, RGB)
  • look cooler
  • etc.

I wish you the best of luck since I looked at quite some cases and could not find one that could rival my current one but maybe one of you guys out there are better that me.

31 minutes ago, Alkahna said:

• easy access dust filtration with removeable filters on Front, Top and Power Supply
  • two 5,25" Bays (BlueRay Drive & Fan-Controler)

That's not that difficult to find.
I'm going to go with @LukeSavenije here and agree with the Be quiet cases. In particular the Pure Base 600, Silent Base 600, or Dark Base 900.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

1 hour ago, Alkahna said:

You could also look at the Fractal Design R5 (They're losing stock since the R6 came out so this isnt exactly the easiest to find) Amazon link Fractal uses bottom PSU filters that span the whole length of the case and are accessible from the front, which is an amazing feature that more cases should have.

The Coolermaster MC500 is also a good option https://pcpartpicker.com/product/xgPKHx/cooler-master-mastercase-mc500-atx-mid-tower-case-mcm-m500-kg5n-s00

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Thanks for the suggestions so far, here is my breakdown on those

PURE BASE 600

• no easy access & removable filter except for PSU

Silent Base 600

• hard with watercooling greater that 120mm radiator (may be an upgrade when I switch CPU/Mainboard next year)
  • top vent is not that great in terms of airflow and has no filter
  • door may not be able to close because of my fancontroler knobs

DARK BASE Pro 900

• Looks good in terms of what I want but 200 € ... heck no ;) never spend more than 100 so I'm not willing to spend 200 ;)

Fractal R5

• looks really good
  • with just over 100 € its pricy and offers not much more than my current one (silent feature is not a plus for me)
  • missing a magnetic top filter with that cover

Fractal R6

• same as R5 but has filter on the top which is good
  • at ~115€ its getting pricy and has not much "more" features than my old one, just being more expensive

MasterCase MC500

• liking this one the most so far!
  • just under 90 € so that is doable^^
  • air intakes are good, filtered and easy to get to
  • offers a large window which is a "plus" over my current one
  • not 100 % sold yet because I think the mesh + removable filter on mine is still better that the MC500 front filter

Anyone got other suggestions?

Really your options are very limited,Most cases no longer have any 5.25 bays,The define r6 could work if you cut down to a single 5.25 and pay a little more money.

yeah I know its hard... 1 may go for only one 5.25" Bay if the case has an integrated fan controler but I'm not sure yet

On 12/7/2018 at 10:02 PM, Alkahna said:

I only can think of Corsair Carbide 400Q, it's the quiet version of Carbide 400C, no side windows just blind side panel. Tick those 4 criteria, no 5.25" bays unfortunately..

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Cases/Carbide-Series™-Quiet-400Q-Compact-Mid-Tower-Case/p/CC-9011082-WW

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

18 hours ago, Alkahna said:

yeah I know its hard... 1 may go for only one 5.25" Bay if the case has an integrated fan controler but I'm not sure yet

The Define R6 comes with a controller built in controlled by the motherboard (Sata connection powers all the fans, and the plug to the motherboard receives and sends signals to the motherboard)'

The diagram below shows the fans connected to the CPU header, but you can plug it into any System header for general case fan usage too.

image.png.030fcf1526715a3d86f2154df78fd930.png

The manual is very detailed Online PDF Link

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25