monster build, long read but worth's every word ;)

Oinq

Good afternoon all

First topic, don't shoot me if i'm wrong somewhere :)

I want to build a watercolled rig, in matter of fact I already started more than 2 years ago, but my wife decided one major change must happen, and that is the radiator, you will see further; My top priority is silence and because I use this computer to mine ETH, I bet you can already see it coming.

My actual component list is as follows:

• Case - Thermaltake The Tower 900
  • Board - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming
  • CPU - i7-4970k with EK-Supremacy MX block
  • Mem -24GB Corsair Vengeance with EK RAM Monarch Modules and EK-RAM Monarch water block
  • SSD - Samsung 860 Evo m2 500GB
  • HDD - Western 2TB
  • GPU1 - RX 480 with EK Water Block
  • GPU2 - RX 480 with EK Water Block
  • GPU3 - Radeon HD 7970 windforce, still aircooled; Then the silence goes away, i'm only using for mining when i'm not at home, because I already have for many years and nobody will buy it I guess.
  • PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 1050 Platinum
  • Industrial radiator I salvaged from garbage, pressure tested by me with 6 bar, it measures 60cm high x 56cm width x 10cm tickness, it uses 4 rows of copper tubing with 1/4 inch internal diameter in parallel, with aluminium fins, so almost no restriction, and the most important is zero fans; it's working completely passively under my desk, water reached 42°C in the summer, after continuous mining for months; check the photos.
  • Pump - EK XTOP Dual pump DDC 3.2 PWM; (it used to be a big aquarium pump)
  • Reservoir - EK X3 250 (it used to be a a bucket and a lid)
  • PETG tubing (it used to be Festo air tubing)
  • EK HDC fittings

So as you can see, I feed the rad (and my livi,g room) with a nice heat load on the system, but I also have big space for radiators, that's why I have this case. I'll say I go for the maximum sized rad possible so I can lower the fan speed. I even thought in 560 Rad with 4 fans 120 mm...

I believe I can easily fit whatever you guys throw at me, I would like cross flow radiators for the low water flow restriction, port configuration (input on the bottom, output on the top), 2x 560 fit without a problem and it's what i'm thinking about, but because I want silence now I'm lost and I don't know where to go, low or high fpi, 140 or 120 mm fans (to be honest I have already 4x 120mm san ace fans ordered, but I can always use them elsewhere), which fans should I apply depends on the rad...

Can you guys help me here?

IMG_20181207_154759266.jpg

IMG_20181207_154740743.jpg

After thinking a bit more, I realized I have the equivalent to 5 or 6x rads 560mm x 10 mm thickness. changing this and keep it dead silent... I'm not sure if it's going to be possible...

What do you guys think?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 9:55 AM, Oinq said:

After thinking a bit more, I realized I have the equivalent to 5 or 6x rads 560mm x 10 mm thickness. changing this and keep it dead silent... I'm not sure if it's going to be possible...

What do you guys think?

i mean you can throw a box fan in front of it and just put it at its lowest preset.... you have enough rad there to cool 7 systems all together so id be more concerned about the types of metal in the rad vs the piping vs the blocks