Ergonomic, Comfortable Chair For Tall People? $600 Max

TTesla

I am looking for something that is very comfortable, ergonomic, offers significant lower back support, and offers head support for a 6'5" (1.96m) individual.

I don't particularly care about the aesthetic, but prefer something black. I would like something with a long, and quality warranty, as that increases my confidence in the product.

I don't want to spend $800+ USD on a Herman miller or steelcase, and prefer to stay around or below the $500 range (but willing to go up to 600 if it's really worth it).

I don't know much about the gaming style chairs, and how much they vary in quality, but I sat on one in staples and it was horrible, but perhaps that particular model was very sub-par?

I'd appreciate any advice or insight

Thank you!

Double check everything, I am usually wrong.

2 minutes ago, Deus Voltage said:

Vertagear chair series seem to be very popular. For your budget, I think the 275 Gaming Chair is very suitable (about 500$). 

Amazon Link:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071W272G6/ref=psdc_668180011_t2_B01N45AS3P

The chair seems far too short, and doesn't seem to offer enough head support. But thanks for the suggestion

this is a job for luke to answer he was searching for years and final found one it was in a wan show a while back before the set change and after the move when it was the wood and stuff near the workshop

11 minutes ago, Turretgaming said:

this is a job for luke to answer he was searching for years and final found one it was in a wan show a while back before the set change and after the move when it was the wood and stuff near the workshop

I KNOW! 

The worst part is that I was following his experience so closely, and then during the WAN show he just said he found the perfect chair but would not say which chair!

That frustrated me to no end. Maybe he eventually revealed it someplace else, and I missed it?

@Slick Calling you out!

Just now, TeenTesla said:

I KNOW! 

The worst part is that I was following his experience so closely, and then during the WAN show he just said he found the perfect chair but would not say which chair!

That frustrated me to no end. Maybe he eventually revealed it someplace else, and I missed it?

@Slick Calling you out!

@slick your needed. come to us and help us out with your great wisdom and powers.

6 hours ago, geo3 said:

You can get Herman Miller Aeron for around $500 on Amazon or Ebay, and buy the add on head rest.

This seemed like a decent option, too bad the headrest is an additional $100-200 (insane). I might end up doing this anyway, if nothing else resurfaces.

I don't mind getting used if it's very good condition, as that seems to be the best my budget can afford (which is also insane, like $600 is a ton of money).

5 hours ago, TeenTesla said:

This seemed like a decent option, too bad the headrest is an additional $100-200 (insane). I might end up doing this anyway, if nothing else resurfaces.

I don't mind getting used if it's very good condition, as that seems to be the best my budget can afford (which is also insane, like $600 is a ton of money).

Yeah, it's expensive. No getting around that. However they are both very comfortable and quite durable. Mine is from 2001 and is still in near perfect condition. 

I'm 6'4.5" and have loved my Maxnomic Titanus ever since I got it a few years ago. It is the tallest and largest desk-type chair I've ever seen, and the only one with a tall enough back for my head to actually have support. 

As far as warranty, i emailed them after maybe 2 years asking how to buy a new right armrest because somehow i took a chunk out of the foam. They responded a couple hours later with a tracking number of a package with a pair of new armrests (in case the left one ever needs replacement as well). Free. 

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

54 minutes ago, Kalm_Traveler1 said:

I'm 6'4.5" and have loved my Maxnomic Titanus ever since I got it a few years ago. It is the tallest and largest desk-type chair I've ever seen, and the only one with a tall enough back for my head to actually have support. 

As far as warranty, i emailed them after maybe 2 years asking how to buy a new right armrest because somehow i took a chunk out of the foam. They responded a couple hours later with a tracking number of a package with a pair of new armrests (in case the left one ever needs replacement as well). Free. 

Glad it worked out for you, and nice to see a company stand so firmly behind their product!

I really don't like those racing style bucket seats, as they are modeled after race car seats meant to withstand high lateral g-forces, not be comfortable or ergonomic.

Plus the time I sat on one it sucked haha

43 minutes ago, TeenTesla said:

Glad it worked out for you, and nice to see a company stand so firmly behind their product!

I really don't like those racing style bucket seats, as they are modeled after race car seats meant to withstand high lateral g-forces, not be comfortable or ergonomic.

Plus the time I sat on one it sucked haha

they definitely are not all the same - I had one before from Best Buy and it was not comfortable. This one with the lumbar pad and neck pad is super comfortable. It also adjusts lean forward/backward to suit your.

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

47 minutes ago, Kalm_Traveler1 said:

they definitely are not all the same - I had one before from Best Buy and it was not comfortable. This one with the lumbar pad and neck pad is super comfortable. It also adjusts lean forward/backward to suit your.

Oh, good to know, I will look more into it. Thanks!