x399 motherboard problems

I was planning on getting a 2950x for my christmas build....but I've done a ton of research into the x399 motherboard and there's still a lot of problems with them. Even the latest motherboards created for the refresh 2xxx series DO NOT COME with the updated BIOS for the 2xxx CPU's so you literally can't even boot up until you flash the bios. I'm really sketched out by AMD and quite honestly appealed they are selling a $600 motherboard (meg creation) that I have to flash the bios just to use a cpu the motherboard was designed for! This is simply unacceptable. None of the reviewers are being honest in their builds or tests regarding the 2xxx series motbos and never mention that you have to flash the bios in order to use it! It's sad to see that these reviewers have sold out to AMD. There's many problems with the x399 motherboards from what I've read and people I've talked too and threadripper needs a lot more time to mature before I could feel comfortable using it. Which is unfortunate as I really wanted to get the 2950x. I will be buying the i9-7900x instead because we know which motherboards work the best and what if any problems there are with the mobos and/or CPU. I feel that 2xxx series and their mobos have shown that amd still has a lot of issues and the hype is not real.