Max liquid temps soft tubing?

Under full load, the temperature of the liquid inside my soft tubing loop is around 56C, measured from the reservoir. Just wondering how warm the water/liquid can get before the tube starts to deform and leak. For those wondering, the tubes are Mayhems Ultra Clear 10/16mm. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

10 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

Under full load, the temperature of the liquid inside my soft tubing loop is around 56C, measured from the reservoir. Just wondering how warm the water/liquid can get before the tube starts to deform and leak. For those wondering, the tubes are Mayhems Ultra Clear 10/16mm. 

It shouldn't leak as the fittings are positively sealing onto the surfaces of the tubing but check your fluid temps, if you are reaching that high of a temp you have  other problems. Your fluid should never reach 60C mainly for your pump's longevity. 

11 hours ago, Airdragonz said:

56C? That's really hot. What components are you cooling and how much radiator surface does your loop have?

Minimum is 120mm per component + 120mm extra. However, I recommend at least 240mm per component for a good and silent cooling performance. 

CPU: i7-12700KF Grill Plate Edition // MOBO: Asus Z690-PLUS WIFI D4 // RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 FE // PSU: Corsair RM750i // CASE: Thermaltake Core X71 // BOOT: Samsung Evo 960 500GB

STORAGE: WD PC SN530 512GB + Samsung Evo 860 500GB // COOLING: Full custom loop // DISPLAY: LG 34UC89G-B

Just now, Limecat86 said:

56C? That's really hot. What components are you cooling and how much radiator surface does your loop have?

Minimum is 120mm per component + 120mm extra. However, I recommend at least 240mm per component for a good and silent cooling performance. 

Yea, I know. I have 360 + 120 mm rads. I'm pretty sure it's the poor setup in my case, which is a Dark Base 700. Front intake is pretty choked off from the front panel and the top is almost completely closed off for exhaust. Looking to swap out my case in a couple of months, but I'm stuck with it for now. 

I’d be more worried about the pump and pressure before the softtube. 

I run a breather on my hotter rig. Never let my water get higher than 42c. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

3 hours ago, Airdragonz said:

Yea, I know. I have 360 + 120 mm rads. I'm pretty sure it's the poor setup in my case, which is a Dark Base 700. Front intake is pretty choked off from the front panel and the top is almost completely closed off for exhaust. Looking to swap out my case in a couple of months, but I'm stuck with it for now. 

Try removing the front panel as a test to see if temps drop, if your fluid is getting that hot your system components would be running really hot. Also what are you using to take temps of your fluid? 

i think the temps are kinda high, tough they should be fine. the 60C cap is mostly there for pump-longevity.

i have a temp sensor in my build right in the hottest part (after the GPU block, before the big rad) and when folding with all panels closed my fluid temps reach about 56 aswell.

this is in an InWin 301 tough, so airflow is nonexistent. if i remove the glass sidepanel temps drop a solid 10 degrees ?

low end PVC melts around 100'C. So you should be fine.  If there are harsh bends in your tubing at the connectors you could run the risk of deformation and leaking as the tubing softens. 

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

15 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

i think the temps are kinda high, tough they should be fine. the 60C cap is mostly there for pump-longevity.

i have a temp sensor in my build right in the hottest part (after the GPU block, before the big rad) and when folding with all panels closed my fluid temps reach about 56 aswell.

this is in an InWin 301 tough, so airflow is nonexistent. if i remove the glass sidepanel temps drop a solid 10 degrees ?

What is your room ambient temp.  That DeltaT sounds terrible.  For example I average around a 5C deltaT on my custom loop systems.  That means if my ambient temp is 25C that my water temp under full load will max out at 30C.  If you are on a custom loop then you should be aiming for a deltaT of less than 10c.  So that would mean for you to see 56C(133 Fahrenheit) in your loop that your ambient would be 46C(115 Fahrenheit)

This all goes for OP too btw. Your loop is not in a healthy state and you need to take some time to remedy the problem. I mean if your water temp is 56C your component temps are going to be getting very close to (if not already) thermal throttling.

16 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

What is your room ambient temp.  That DeltaT sounds terrible.  For example I average around a 5C deltaT on my custom loop systems.  That means if my ambient temp is 25C that my water temp under full load will max out at 30C.  If you are on a custom loop then you should be aiming for a deltaT of less than 10c.  So that would mean for you to see 56C(133 Fahrenheit) in your loop that your ambient would be 46C(115 Fahrenheit)

This all goes for OP too btw. Your loop is not in a healthy state and you need to take some time to remedy the problem. I mean if your water temp is 56C your component temps are going to be getting very close to (if not already) thermal throttling.

yeah well you're probably running your hardware in a bit of a larger case than i am. also, Threadripper and a Titan X with a 1070 in an InWin 301 is bound to have higher loop temps.

the beauty of custom loops is the versatility. i can have all this powerfull hardware crunching numbers and still have my system whisper quiet on my desk. 

3 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

yeah well you're probably running your hardware in a bit of a larger case than i am. also, Threadripper and a Titan X with a 1070 in an InWin 301 is bound to have higher loop temps.

the beauty of custom loops is the versatility. i can have all this powerfull hardware crunching numbers and still have my system whisper quiet on my desk. 

You need more Rad space then. If you are using them to fold then I would be aiming for at least 2 360mm rads as thick as you can fit.

Looking at that case.... you are going to need to swap it out if you want to run the loop that is needed.

56 minutes ago, W-L said:

Try removing the front panel as a test to see if temps drop, if your fluid is getting that hot your system components would be running really hot. Also what are you using to take temps of your fluid? 

Removing the front panel drops temps down to 45-47C. I have considered keeping the front panel off, but the case looks really ugly when I do so. Using an Alphacool G1/4" temperature sensor plug connected to an Asus Z270 Maximus Code. 

25 minutes ago, AngryBeaver said:

Room ambient temperature is 72 Fahrenheit (around 22C). As for my components, they are actually handling more than fine given the liquid temps. GPU is at 59C and CPU package temps are 61C under full load. 

Just now, AngryBeaver said:

You need more Rad space then. If you are using them to fold then I would be aiming for at least 2 360mm rads as thick as you can fit.

that's the thing, i don't need more rad space. the temps my system produces are high i admit, tough they are safe. and i have all the rads i can fit in this small formfactor case.

i can only fit a 120mm and a 240mm, and while it is not much, paired with high pressure fans it is actually enough.

2 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

GPU is at 59C and CPU package temps are 61C under full load. 

Are you sure your liquid temps are in the mid 50s?  How are you measuring this?

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

5 minutes ago, Velcade said:

Are you sure your liquid temps are in the 50s?  How are you measuring this?

Yep. I'm using the alphacool eiszapfen temperature sensor, which is placed at the top of my res (so not the hottest spot in the loop). That is connected to a T_sensor header on my motherboard and I'm using Asus's AI Suite to view the temp readings from the sensor. I should also note that I applied liquid metal to both the cpu and gpu.

2 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

that's the thing, i don't need more rad space. the temps my system produces are high i admit, tough they are safe. and i have all the rads i can fit in this small formfactor case.

i can only fit a 120mm and a 240mm, and while it is not much, paired with high pressure fans it is actually enough.

I am going to drop it after this reply, but while it seems to be enough the truth is it isn't. That is why I mention DeltaT. The goal is to get as close to ambient as you can with your loop... it is impossible to be at ambient when you are adding heat to one without having a chiller of sorts and you hit a point of pretty nasty dimishing returns... ideally you want to be between 5-10c above your ambient with your water temp.

Now yours is much higher, but you feel it is enough because it is holding at that point I am guessing. If you have done any classes on thermal dynamics you would know the following... as the different in temp between your water in the loop and that of the air increase the more heat can be transferred. So what has happened is you have reached a point where the difference is great enough that it can maintain that water temp.

My concern is that you are folding meaning they are subjected to these temps constantly and we all know that temp is one of the biggest killers of components. So the closer you get to TJMax the more you risk that component degrading. I mean at the point you are at air cooling might have been a better solution. You have to remember that every C of temp you add to your waterloop is 1 more C in temp all of your components will rise.

Did you rotate the case or the rads to ensure the air was out?

if you aren’t gonna change the case, isn’t much else to be done. The temps are the same they would be seeing on air at this point. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

1 minute ago, AngryBeaver said:

I mean at the point you are at air cooling might have been a better solution. You have to remember that every C of temp you add to your waterloop is 1 more C in temp all of your components will rise.

i mostly agree, tough this part baffles me.

i am no where near TJ max. CPU stays in the low 60's, GPU's actually more in the high 50's. if i went with aircooling my temps would be in the high 80's on the stock GPU coolers.

i didn;t mean to make this sound like an argument, but the fact remains that even with my waterloop, temps are better than on air. and way, way under TJ max. 

all i am trying to say is that people tend to oversize on rads, and coicidentally overspend. all while it really isn't needed.

5 minutes ago, Mick Naughty said:

Did you rotate the case or the rads to ensure the air was out?

if you aren’t gonna change the case, isn’t much else to be done. The temps are the same they would be seeing on air at this point. 

I've been tinkering with this case since the beginning of this year. I was originally on air cooling, but gpu temps began peaking at the mid 80s, cpu would be peaking at low 90s. Swapped my cpu air cooler to a Kraken x62 AIO, not much improvement. Ended up making a custom loop, which was some improvement, but now the liquid temps are too high ?

If I were to swap my case out, are there any mid towers that you recommend that's good for liquid cooling? 

1 minute ago, Airdragonz said:

I've been tinkering with this case since the beginning of this year. I was originally on air cooling, but gpu temps began peaking at the mid 80s, cpu would be peaking at low 90s. Swapped my cpu air cooler to a Kraken x62 AIO, not much improvement. Ended up making a custom loop, which was some improvement, but now the liquid temps are too high ?

If I were to swap my case out, are there any mid towers that you recommend that's good for liquid cooling? 

Really depends on the budget, board and if you plan on adding more rads. 

I mod my cases normally. But the ai crystal cube will be my next buy. Smallish footprint, great water cooling support and tempered glass. 

9 minutes ago, RollinLower said:

i mostly agree, tough this part baffles me.

i am no where near TJ max. CPU stays in the low 60's, GPU's actually more in the high 50's. if i went with aircooling my temps would be in the high 80's on the stock GPU coolers.

i didn;t mean to make this sound like an argument, but the fact remains that even with my waterloop, temps are better than on air. and way, way under TJ max. 

all i am trying to say is that people tend to oversize on rads, and coicidentally overspend. all while it really isn't needed.

From my old folding days when using the CPU and GPU... I don't think the CPU got hit that hard so those temps make sense.  As for the gpu, in my loop at about 25C ambient when I run a benchmark/stress test my gpu temp will normally hit mid 30's once the loop equalizes. If I am running a CPU and GPU stress test simultaneously then it might raise a few more C's, but in general my GPU(1080ti) is under 42c (this is summer temps though) This is on my 8700k machine and I don't even remember what my clock is on it (don't game much if at all these days).

Hopefully one of these days I will figure out what I want to do with my 2080ti, it is a reference EVGA model though so I might sell/trade it for a non-reference version. I was originally planning to put it in my current rig, then thought about making a 9900k build, now I am waiting to see what Ryzen 3 brings. Truth me known I should have held off on buying it... between it and the waterblock/backplate for it I think I spent around $1700 total. blah.

8 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

Cougar Panzer is one I have seen recommended a few times in the past for mid towers.
Phantecs Enthoo Pro M is another.
Fractal has a few good mid towers for it

1 hour ago, AngryBeaver said:

Cougar Panzer is one I have seen recommended a few times in the past for mid towers.
Phantecs Enthoo Pro M is another.
Fractal has a few good mid towers for it

The Cougar Panzer looks pretty nice actually and isn't crazy expensive. I might consider it, thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

to the OP - i suggest you confirm the temps Asus's AI Suite III is reporting - i used it and it was the opposite, it showed my cpu at 67C while at 100% load, and i rendered video files for 3 months (1.5-3 hour jobs and a ton of them) only to find my real temps were 97-100C using Intel's XTU and RealTemp. Google it on the web, folks have always had issues with that utility