VALVe Updates CS:GO - Battle Royale incoming.

Princess Luna

Battle Royale was the big "innovation" of 2018's gaming world as everyone's aware, the hype began with PUBG and was followed by Fortnite both extremely popular games that invaded YouTube and Twitch on viral form.

So no wonder more big game developers and publishers would want to jump head on in all this sweet pile of cash result of an "innovation" on survival shooters and the Steam owner giant VALVe has finally made their move:

Meet Counter-Strike Danger Zone CS:DZ is the newest title on the long running Counter-Strike franchise and is "replacing" CS:GO:

dangerzone_blogimage.png

What does that mean? It means that CS:GO/CS:DZ is now a FREE to play game, but don't feel bad if you bought your CS:GO copy on Steam, previous owners will be gifted with a commemorative Loyalty Badge they can display on their profile along side an unique and free MP5 skin and some boosts on the new game mode: Battle Royale Survival mode called Danger Zone Survival mode.

Old players will also all be promoted to Prime status which will remain functioning as it is nowadays on the old Matchmaking system.

The new mode will function as you'd expect:  "Introducing Danger Zone — a fast-paced battle royale game mode built on CS:GO’s tactical gameplay where players use their wits, skill, and resources to fight to the finish. Play solo, or work together as a squad of two or three!"

And to not lose old habits a whole new skin case: "Danger Zone Case The Danger Zone Case features 17 community-designed weapon finishes, and the Horizon knives as rare special items. Click here for more details."

So it finally happened my friends, Battle Royale is the future so it seems, what will be the next multiplayer shooter to re-invent itself into the trend?

Source.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

A little late to the party, but then, everyone knows how valve time works.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Isn't BR essentially - in CoD terms - Free-For-All with a bigger map, changing borders, vehicles and weapon drops? Been a while since I touched anything FPS-related.

Your resident osu! player, destroyer of keyboards.

am i the only one that was dying to 0lay csgo for the first time.. but now i do not want to??

i swear if rainbow six adds a BR i am quittnig gaming

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

So they can't make the game everyone wants but they can make the game everyone is sick of because money.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, FPSwithaWacomTablet said:

Isn't BR essentially - in CoD terms - Free-For-All with a bigger map, changing borders, vehicles and weapon drops? Been a while since I touched anything FPS-related.

Yup.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

tim-and-eric-mind-blown.gifAnother BR

Main system: Ryzen 7 7800X3D / Asus ROG Strix B650E / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 32GB 6000Mhz / Powercolor RX 7900 XTX Red Devil/ EVGA 750W GQ / NZXT H5 Flow

What will happen to the CS:GO esports community?

“Security is always excessive until it’s not enough.”

– Robbie Sinclair, Head of Security, NSW Australia 

“Have you tried turning it off and on again?” - Every Tech Rep Ever

If you need help with your build please tag me.

Main PC:

CPU: Ryzen 3 1300x RAM: 8gb ddr4 2666 MT/s Mobo: ASRock A320M HDD: 1tb WD GPU: Gtx 1050ti 4gb

Spoiler

P.s. if you can tell me what reference my location I will follow you. 

Bonus points if you can tell me the names of the people there. 

Havent launched CSGO in months, the worst part about this is amount of cheaters in that game and useless anticheat. 

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

4 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Notice how it caps out at 18 players.

And that's the power of the Source engine, folks. Shitty ass 14 year old engine STILL being used.

https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Maxplayers

and wasnt their technically battle royal modes on private source servers long ago but you started with weapons?

Fucking RIP. 2012-2018. This games community was already pretty rough and that was as a 20$ game, now it's F2P? Ouch. TF2 all over again.

i7 2600k @ 5GHz 1.49v - EVGA GTX 1070 ACX 3.0 - 16GB DDR3 2000MHz Corsair Vengence

Asus p8z77-v lk - 480GB Samsung 870 EVO w/ W10 LTSC - 2x1TB HDD storage - 240GB SATA SSD w/ W7 - EVGA 650w 80+G G2

3x 1080p 60hz Viewsonic LCDs, 1 glorious Dell CRT running at anywhere from 60hz to 120hz

Model M w/ Soarer's adapter - Logitch g502 - Audio-Techinca M20X - Cambridge SoundWorks speakers w/ woofer

9 minutes ago, I-r0k said:

What will happen to the CS:GO esports community?

Old modes won't be removed, if you want you can play CS:GO as you always did 5x5 on the old maps, 10x10 casual, arms race and any other of the older modes, but VALVe will be giving a huge focus on BR now on, new maps to be introduced and such.

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

I have nothing against BR, it's just annoying how every single developer jumps on the genre for money. Also, CSGO going FTP is annoying. Kinda feel like I should get my money back.

I use Arch btw

I used to have faith in this franchise because it hasn't given into the BR trend and its sad they left. I really hope there isn't an esports version of it.

Nothing beats a cheeky competitive Dust II thank you very much. 

14 minutes ago, 2Buck said:

Fucking RIP. 2012-2018. This games community was already pretty rough and that was as a 20$ game, now it's F2P? Ouch.

Yeah free isn't always a good thing, that game had enough cheaters when it was a $20 game.

1 minute ago, Blademaster91 said:

Yeah free isn't always a good thing, that game had enough cheaters when it was a $20 game.

I'm more concerned about the hoards of 12 year olds myself, but either way this definitely doesn't look good for CSGO.

I use Arch btw

I personally wouldn't even put innovation in quotes, would just say it went viral in 2018.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the ONLY Linux native BR game?

System specs:

GTX 1050

16GB DDR3

Samsung evo SSD

a few HDD's

I'm interested to see what WarOwl says about this on youtube... great guy

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

3 minutes ago, Terryv said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the ONLY Linux native BR game?

More or less, yes. Unless you count online games like surviv.io, in which case there's a shit ton.

REMEMBER:

IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND, YOU GOTTA QUOTE ME 

OR

PUT @Fixinit1 IN YOUR RESPONSE!!!!!

Gosh, I hate it when people forget. Anyway, check out my PC below, and there's a PCPartPicker link on my profile, If you wanna see what I'm planning.

Spoiler

SYSTEM SPECS: Finally ditched the Pentium N3540, now I've got the following:

CPU - Ryzen 5 2400G

GPU - 1060 6GB Gigabyte G1 Gaming

RAM - 16GB DDR4 3000mhz Team T-Force Delta RGB

MOTHERBOARD - MSI B350 Tomahawk

PSU - EVGA 450BT

CASE - PHANTEKS  P350X