Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weird problem with Athlon 200GE

60thFrame

Hi. So I was building my PC, and it was time for testing. I booted the PC but, no display. Out of curiosity, I plugged my Linux thumbdrive and it booted successfully. But, when I try to go into the BIOS or plug my Windows thumbdrive in, the PC won't give any output. I tried with multiple monitors. In one random time, the PC entered the BIOS and it worked. It didn't work ever again. The motherboard's box also says it's ready to use with Ryzen 2xxx CPUs .What is the problem? Thanks for your help.

Also, some details if it could help:

CPU: AMD Athlon 200GE

Motherboard: MSI A320M PRO-VD/S

RAM: Kingston Hyperx 8GB RAM, 2400 mHz

Are you trying to install windows 7 maybe?

Also, it's possible it just takes a LONG time to boot, like multiple minutes.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

1 minute ago, samcool55 said:

Are you trying to install windows 7 maybe?

Also, it's possible it just takes a LONG time to boot, like multiple minutes.

I am sure that it's Windows 10. I waited like, 10 minutes and it doesn't show the spinning-loading thingy. It simply doesn't output anything.

1 minute ago, 60thFrame said:

I am sure that it's Windows 10. I waited like, 10 minutes and it doesn't show the spinning-loading thingy. It simply doesn't output anything.

That's odd. It's possible the bios isn't correctly configured so it won't boot from usb in its current config.

Try to get into the BIOS again, or mash F11 or F12 (don't know which one it is) to get the boot selection menu.

Oh yea, is the ram into the slot closest to the cpu?

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

what program do you use to burn the iso to flash drive?

Try rufus with below config:

rufus-settings-windows-10-bootable.jpg?itok=gux85T6b

In BIOS enable UEFI boot, and select the thumbdrive (or UEFI:thumdrive) as you 1st boot order.

Ryzen 3600 @ 4.5ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | Radeon RX580 | 2x Samsung 16gb c-die 2666 @ 3600mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 9 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

I did it with Rufus, but apart from booting Linux, it can't do anything. No BIOS, no boot menu, no booting to Windows setup. While booting to Linux, it doesn't show the POST screen either.

what? no post screen? have you pressed tab to hide the boot wallpaper?

can you get to the bios screen (press del)?

Ryzen 3600 @ 4.5ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | Radeon RX580 | 2x Samsung 16gb c-die 2666 @ 3600mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 9 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

Just now, SupaKomputa said:

what? no post screen? have you pressed tab to hide the boot wallpaper?

can you get to the bios screen (press del)?

PC gives a response when I press del (it doesn't boot to Linux) but since it refuses to give output, I can't do anything.

Any Beep codes? 1 beep codes usually means it booted successfully.

Do you have a spare GPU?

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Any Beep codes? 1 beep codes usually means it booted successfully.

Do you have a spare GPU?

This motherboard doesn't give beep codes, instead it uses LEDs and according to manual, it boots successfully, and plugging a GPU didn't work.

that's wierd, that means the motherboard have no problem with the cpu.

so when it boots its completely blank? no wallpaper / boot menu?

or maybe the motherboard skipped the boot menu and goes straight to loading os.

since you can boot the linux, maybe youre running in legacy mode.

what happens if you unplug everything (all your drive) and gpu (use iGPu instead).