Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GTX 970 Recently started screen tearing and having input lag

TheLastCreator

So recently I've started having issues with my graphics. I'll explain what I've tried and what the issue is below my specs:

GeForce GTX 970 - Driver Version 417.22
i7-5820K 
16gb 2400mhz Ram
2TB SSD
Windows 7 Home Premium
Duel Monitors, same type same cable.

The Issue: 
Sometimes when turning the pc on and logging in I have horrible latency, I can move the mouse in circles, let go and the cursor will keep going. This doesnt happen all the time. my load times on games have gone through the roof and I get horrible screen tear and low fps in games. Even on youtube videos I'm getting screen tear. This has only been happening over the last week or so. I've had this setup for several years.

What Ive tried:
Clean install of graphics drivers
Rolled back to old drivers (issue still the same)
Resetting nvida control panel
Setting nvida control panel to many different recommended settings
Virus scan with malwarebytes and roguekiller
Clean installed windows
Bought a new SSD and installed with clean install (thought maybe read/write issues on old SSD)
Tried using MSI afterburner and running Furmark to look for odd or inconsistent numbers.

If I turn off one of the monitors, doesnt matter which, it seems to stabilise a little and has less screen tearing. Ive tried changing the cables, swapping the monitors around too.

If anyone has any ideas on what I could do to try and fix or has had the same issue I'd appreciate any advice, I'm super stumped and dont really want get a new card yet. Planned to wait for more RTX card info before building a new rig. 

Thermals look ok?  You didn't say anything about overheating but just to make sure that's not an issue.

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

Thermals look ok?  You didn't say anything about overheating but just to make sure that's not an issue.

Yeah, everything smoothly goes up and down when using furmark. my card sits at 33-34 Celsius when nothing major is running. 
I'm wondering if its to do with the vram on the card because the fps get a margin better when I turn one of the monitors off. Not sure how I'd go about testing if everything with that is in order though. 

No integrated gpu to test..... 

Any other Gpus around to swap and test?  Or another system you could move the 970 to to see if the issue follows it there?

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

No integrated gpu to test..... 

Any other Gpus around to swap and test?  Or another system you could move the 970 to to see if the issue follows it there?

I dont :/

Bow down to your new master GTX 1070 Ti

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

5 minutes ago, OrbitalBuzzsaw said:

Bow down to your new master GTX 1070 Ti

Wanted to wait for 2070 :/