Can I eat food when there is Fluroide Varnish on my teeth?

DrThots

It's been around 30 minutes after it has been applied and I see fluroide varnish on my teeth. Can I eat / drink food that is hot when it's still in my mouth? Will it come out and I'll swallow it along with the food

This sounds like a question you should have asked your dentist however its best to wait at least 30 minutes before eating and drinking. This ensures that the fluoride will have enough time to be absorbed into the teeth.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

Just now, Velcade said:

This sounds like a question you should have asked your dentist however its best to wait at least 30 minutes before eating and drinking. This ensures that the fluoride will have enough time to be absorbed into the teeth.

so will it be bad If I swallow it?

Fluoride? No...

Can't you wait 30 min?  lol

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

6 minutes ago, Velcade said:

Fluoride? No...

Can't you wait 30 min?  lol

i've already waited 30 min and i gently placed my finger on the fluoride and it came off so easily and a decent sized amount. Im not sure it has worked.

12 minutes ago, DrThots said:

i've already waited 30 min and i gently placed my finger on the fluoride and it came off so easily and a decent sized amount. Im not sure it has worked.

I mean... why don't you just call your Dentist right now? The receptionist can probably answer your question immediately.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

I mean... why don't you just call your Dentist right now? The receptionist can probably answer your question immediately.

lmao literally just closed 

1 minute ago, DrThots said:

lmao literally just closed 

Well, I guess you'll just be poisoned and die...

jk. Literally, you'll be fine. Worst case, flouride is still harmless unless consumed in large quantities.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

Just now, dalekphalm said:

Well, I guess you'll just be poisoned and die...

jk. Literally, you'll be fine. Worst case, flouride is still harmless unless consumed in large quantities.

its been an hour now. Should i brush it off or just leave it on and eat it? there's only a tiny amount of fluoride applied on just 2-3 back teeth on both left and right side

2 minutes ago, DrThots said:

its been an hour now. Should i brush it off or just leave it on and eat it? there's only a tiny amount of fluoride applied on just 2-3 back teeth on both left and right side

These are questions you need to ask a dentist.

Just now, dalekphalm said:

These are questions you need to ask a dentist.

well i dont have a way to contact them. 

9 minutes ago, DrThots said:

well i dont have a way to contact them. 

*shrugs* then there's no way to confirm the correct answer until you can. It's possible a forum member is a dentist, but it's pretty unlikely.

Frankly, I would just rinse your mouth out with cold tap water, and then just go on as normal.

If your dentist didn't give you any specific instructions, it probably means you don't need to worry about the coating.

20 minutes ago, dalekphalm said:

*shrugs* then there's no way to confirm the correct answer until you can. It's possible a forum member is a dentist, but it's pretty unlikely.

Frankly, I would just rinse your mouth out with cold tap water, and then just go on as normal.

If your dentist didn't give you any specific instructions, it probably means you don't need to worry about the coating.

i just went balls deep and shook my head whilst some water was in it and ate some food. If I die, you'll be attending my funeral

Just now, DrThots said:

i just went balls deep and shook my head whilst some water was in it and ate some food. If I die, you'll be attending my funeral

Oh good - funerals usually have good food!