My Ryzen 5 build, is it ideal or not?

Kedde

Hello there! I am a music producer from Denmark who shall soon build a new machine since my old Sandy Bridge system is slowly getting more and more unusable. I figured I would go with a AMD build this time and unless any of you strongly advice against that, well.. ? I do hope you can tell me if this is a good value setup and if I get the most out of my money. ?

So here's the list:

Mobo: ASRock B450 Pro4

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB CL16 3000 MHz
Case: Fractal Design Define R5

SSD System: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB MVMe

SSD extra for audio libraries: Crucial MX500 1TB

Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 Plus

PSU: Corsair RM750x

Reusing my old graphics card: GeForce GTX 750 Ti

My budget is around 1100 euros or 1250 US dollars which this build hits more or less.
I am probably not going to overclock, so perhaps stock AMD cooler will be enough. Or will it be a lot more silent with a different one? I do appreciate a quiet system hehe.
I do need 32 GB of RAM because music libraries get quite heavy these days. I am not really going to be modern playing games. Not a priority. Fast speeds in regards to music production is what this machine is for. ?

Cheers! ✌️

A bit much on the SSD's if you're just going be playing music. The speed is great for the initial launch of your programs, but I don't think you need 1.5TB's to launch music programs..

Are you...MAKING music as well? Maybe then I'd understand the need for the larger SSD's 

The GPU is fine if you're not planning to play modern games. 

The Ryzen stock cooler is fine. If your ambient temperatures are a little warmer than the Freezer 33 cooler is good as well. 

Could just get a normal 2600 and save a few bucks since you won't be overclocking it. (It takes like 5 minutes to overclock for free performance enhancements so I'd do it)

If you are not overclocking, the AMD stock cooler would probably be fine for this system if you wanted to save some money by removing the Arctic Freezer 33 Plus. Everything else looks fine.

Edit: You could repurpose the money from the cooler for a mass storage hard drive if you want to get more storage space.

You don't need such a high capacity psu. The system would be fine with a 450W / 550W unit.

Consider a slightly smaller case with better airflow, something like the Define C.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

@Kedde

maybe non 2600x unless its as cheap as the 2600. with minor tweaks the 2600 can easily reach 2600x speeds. 

Rig 1: i7-9700k OC'd to 5.0ghz all core | EVGA XC RTX 2080Ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 4x8gb | ASUS PRIME Z370-P | Asetek 550LC 120mm | ADATA 480GB SSD & Toshiba P300 3TB | Cooler Master Masterbox MB500 | Win 10 Home | Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum, G502 Proteus Spectrum, G933 Artemis Spectrum Snow Wireless Limited Edition, Corsair MM300 Mouse Pad | 2 MSI Optix Curved 27" FHD Monitors 

(before i sold the WD drive and MSI gpu - https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11946219 171 gaming. felt good.)

Rig 2: i7-7700k Stock clocks | MSI Armor GTX 1070 | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 2x8GB | MSI Z270 A-Pro | WD Green 240GB SSD & 2TB Seagate HDD | Thermaltake Core G21 Tempered Glass Edition | Win 10 Home | 2 HP Omen FHD 144hz 24.5" Monitors 

Rig 3: i7-6700 | GT 730 & GT 645 OEM | Some random DDR4 2133mhz 2x8gb sticks | OEM Dell Mobo | WD Black 2TB HDD & Toshiba 1TB HDD | Win 10 Home | 3 27" Dell FHD Monitors 

Rig 4: i7-4770 | EVGA SSC 1050ti | Some random DDR3 ram 2x2gb and 2x4gb sticks | OEM Dell Mobo | Stock Cooler | 1TB WD Black HDD | Win 7 Home 

RIP 

Rig 5 (dead and dismantled and sold) : i7-7820X OC'd to 4.8ghz all core | MSI DUKE 1080ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 4x8gb | Gigabyte X299 UD4 PRO | Asetek 240mm AIO | WD Green 240gb SSD | Other various components that I can't remember

Rig 6 (same fate as rig 5) i7-8700k stock clocks | MSI DUKE 1080ti | ADATA DDR4 2400mhz 2x8gb | MSI Z370 A-Pro | Asetek 550LC 120mm | WD Green 240GB SSD & Toshiba 2TB HDD | Other various components that I can't Remember 

Wow, so many great replies so quickly. Thanks!

47 minutes ago, DVA said:

A bit much on the SSD's if you're just going be playing music. The speed is great for the initial launch of your programs, but I don't think you need 1.5TB's to launch music programs..

Are you...MAKING music as well? Maybe then I'd understand the need for the larger SSD's.

Yes, I am sorry if I wasn't clear enough on that. I am a music producer. Native Instrument's Komplete 10 is already 200+ GB and East West libraries are also up in that alley and I own a bunch.. so yeah, I do need them, hehe. :)

47 minutes ago, ThePD said:

You could repurpose the money from the cooler for a mass storage hard drive if you want to get more storage space.

Yes I will most certainly get a HDD or two later on. :)

40 minutes ago, brob said:

You don't need such a high capacity psu. The system would be fine with a 450W / 550W unit.

Consider a slightly smaller case with better airflow, something like the Define C.

Oh.. that's interesting, thank you. Would 450W also be enough if I add 2 HDDs to this?
Define C looks really decent and it even has support for those two extra HDDs that I will most certainly add sooner or later. Nice call! :)

38 minutes ago, TH3R34P3R said:

@Kedde maybe non 2600x unless its as cheap as the 2600. with minor tweaks the 2600 can easily reach 2600x speeds. 

It's about 45 dollars difference, so I thought 2600x would be the "easy" choice, but seems not haha. I'll consider it, thank you!

34 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Oh wow, that's quite something. I didn't really read much upon Ryzen 7 1700 vs 5 2600(x) I must admit. Perhaps you could elaborate why you think it's a better choice? :)

Focus G case is also worthy for me to check out I see. Thank you for that tip!

3 minutes ago, Kedde said:

Oh wow, that's quite something. I didn't really read much upon Ryzen 7 1700 vs 5 2600(x) I must admit. Perhaps you could elaborate why you think it's a better choice? :)

well, because it has 2 more cores and 4 more treads I thought it would be nice for work. but I don't know how music production programs scale. Focus G is a good budget case, if you want to spend some more, Be Quiet! has some nice cases. 

10 minutes ago, Kedde said:

Oh.. that's interesting, thank you. Would 450W also be enough if I add 2 HDDs to this?...

Yes, 450W is enough even with more hdd.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

3 minutes ago, Kedde said:

Oh.. that's interesting, thank you. Would 450W also be enough if I add 2 HDDs to this?
Define C looks really decent and it even has support for those two extra HDDs that I will most certainly add sooner or later. Nice call! :)

It's about 45 dollars difference, so I thought 2600x would be the "easy" choice, but seems not haha. I'll consider it, thank you!

The 2600 can OC to 2600x performance with a quick fiddle in the BIOS. I'd still recommend staying with that over the 1700. Here is a performance comparison. https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/AMD-Ryzen-7-1700-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600/3917vs3955

Your SSD's will go a long way in speeding up your work flow if you're producing music, good choice! I would have to agree to remove the cooler funds and allocate them towards a hard drive, for files not needed so frequently. 

Your PSU, well even though it CAN run at 450W, I always suggest 550Watt 80+ Gold to get that sweet spot of price and wattage. Plus if give you wiggle space if you want to upgrade with a better GPU and such later on. 

I like it.

Just message or quote me if you have questions! I might not be able to answer them, but I might be able to help!

Current PC

Way too crappy to even say.