Will this ram work on this motherboard?

Go to solution Solved by kb5zue,
3 hours ago, greeatzy said:

Correct.

That's not necessarily correct, the ram will most probably work.  But since the ram in not on the list, that is an indication that ASUS has not, or did not, test that particular ram with that particular motherboard.  And since the ram was not tested with that particular motherboard, ASUS therefore does not, and will not, guarantee the function of that ram with that board.

Ram that appears in a motherboards QVL has been thoroughly tested with that board and is therefore basically guaranteed to work with that board in the best way that it can.  Ram that is NOT in the QVL list will most likely work provided that you are using DDR3 on a DDR3 motherboard and not trying to cram DDR4 into a DDR3 board.  So, it may, or may not, work but if it does, then it will not work to the best that it can.

Sort of like putting different size tires on your automobile.  Sure, the car has four tires, one on each wheel but if the tires are not from a set and are mixed, then you expose yourself to problems as the tires shaking or wobbles.  Could also suffer from the car wanting to pull to one side of the road and other stuff.  That is why ram comes in sets, the modules of a set are warranted and guaranteed to work their best when they are together on the mobo.

Hi, i want to buy a Asus rog Strix b450-f gaming and i want this ram:CMD16GX4M4C3200C16

Is a Corsair dominator platinum, the thing is, it is compatible with the motherboard?, because when i search the compatibility in the page of Asus that model didn't appear, and if Is not compatible, what would happend if i put that ram in that motherboard?

Tranks.

The answer you are looking for is in the motherboards QVL (Qualified Vendors List).  Just go to the support pages of the motherboard at the Asus website.  All the information you are looking for is locate there.

17 minutes ago, kb5zue said:

The answer you are looking for is in the motherboards QVL (Qualified Vendors List).  Just go to the support pages of the motherboard at the Asus website.  All the information you are looking for is locate there.

That's the problem, the model i mencioned doesn't appear in the list of QVL, That means that the ram doesn't work on that motherboard?

1 minute ago, Franyer144 said:

That's the problem, the model i mencioned doesn't appear in the list of QVL, That means that the ram doesn't work on that motherboard?

Correct.

To be an expert is to know more about less.

• 2014 Build --> FX 8350 4.7GHz {} ASRock Fatal1ty 990FX Killer {} Reference GTX 980 4GB {} 2x4GB 1866MHz HyperX {} Seagate 2TB 7200rpm {} 840 EVO 120GB {} XFX PRO850W {} Noctua NH D14 {} Fractal Define R4 White Windowed
  • 2018 Build --> Ryzen 7 2700X {} ASRock Fatal1ty X470 Gaming K4 {} Gigabyte RTX 2070 8GB {} 2x8GB HX Fury 3200MHz {} Toshiba P300 2TB {} Kingston 480GB A1000 {} Corsair RM750W {} Enermax LIQMAX II 240 {} Fractal Focus G
  • 2021 Build --> Ryzen 9 5900X {} ASUS ROG Strix X570-F GAMING {} ASUS GeForce RTX 3080Ti ROG STRIX OC {} Gigabyte AORUS RGB DDR4 32GB {} Kingston KC2500 M.2 2280 NVMe 2TB {} Seasonic FOCUS GX-1000 {} ASUS ROG Ryujin 240 AIO {} NYXT H710i
  • Laptop --> ASUS ROG STRIX G713RS {} Ryzen 9 6900HX {} 32GB DDR5 {} RTX 3080 {} 1TB NVMe {} Win 11 Home

3 hours ago, greeatzy said:

Correct.

That's not necessarily correct, the ram will most probably work.  But since the ram in not on the list, that is an indication that ASUS has not, or did not, test that particular ram with that particular motherboard.  And since the ram was not tested with that particular motherboard, ASUS therefore does not, and will not, guarantee the function of that ram with that board.

Ram that appears in a motherboards QVL has been thoroughly tested with that board and is therefore basically guaranteed to work with that board in the best way that it can.  Ram that is NOT in the QVL list will most likely work provided that you are using DDR3 on a DDR3 motherboard and not trying to cram DDR4 into a DDR3 board.  So, it may, or may not, work but if it does, then it will not work to the best that it can.

Sort of like putting different size tires on your automobile.  Sure, the car has four tires, one on each wheel but if the tires are not from a set and are mixed, then you expose yourself to problems as the tires shaking or wobbles.  Could also suffer from the car wanting to pull to one side of the road and other stuff.  That is why ram comes in sets, the modules of a set are warranted and guaranteed to work their best when they are together on the mobo.