Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3.5 mm speakers not working

Defunct Lizard

my speakers are not working. When I plug it in it says "audio device plugged in", but no audio is played.

In the "volume mixer," it defaults to my Dell monitor speakers, which I had no idea I had, and don't even have speakers.

When I select "Realtek digital output" it shows no applications next to it. My speakers are on I'm not stupid... I think?

Please don't argue with me, I am just trying to help, or be helped. (we are all humans right?)

for one 3.5 jack wont be digital output..thats optical and or the rca out. if its defaulting to dell im going to guess your monitor is a dell and it connected by hdmi and thinks it has speakers
it would be speakers i believe you would click. also make sure you plug it in in the right jack. i believe its the green one

Just now, circeseye said:

for one 3.5 jack wont be digital output..thats optical and or the rca out.
it would be speakers i believe you would click. also make sure you plug it in in the right jack. i believe its the green one

Yes, the speakers are plugged into the right one. *facepalm* you think I'm stupid.

Please don't argue with me, I am just trying to help, or be helped. (we are all humans right?)

go to sound in control panel and try setting different outputs to your default while playing some music

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

If you have any questions about ultra high end audio (Or any speakers or audio gear!), don't be afraid to shoot me a message, or mention me.

Spent over 960k on audio gear, still trying to increase sound quality.

For a guide on Microphones and Interfaces, I strongly suggest scrolling through @The Flying Sloth's guide.