Ryzen 5 1600 VGA Error Light

ParkerWWW

Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum here but not new to building computers. I built my buddy a gaming computer for a wedding present and the system is configured as follows:

-Ryzen 5 1600

-B450 Aorus M Motherboard (F2 Bios Revision)

-GTX 980 MSI Afterburner

-8GB DDR4 2400 GSkill Ripjaws

-EVGA 500B PSU

-500GB Samsung EVO SSD

The issue I'm having is the VGA error light on the debug LED's on the motherboard. The issue only happens with 900 series cards. I have tried an EVGA GTX 970 SC with the latest bios on the card, as well as the 980 in the parts description. The VGA error light went away when trying a 1060 3GB and a reference 1080 as well as an older quadro k4000. I have tried changing the motherboard from an MSI B450M Pro-VDH motherboard which would throw the same VGA error light with the 970, however if you hit reset enough eventually the card would work which is no longer the case with the new Aorus board.

I'm hoping that an eventual bios update will fix my issues, but I was hoping that the forum could offer some insight and some troubleshooting that I could try to help my buddy's new system work with the GTX 980 and not the 1060 3GB that's in it in the meantime.

Thank you so much for your time in advance,

Parker