my mobo dosent have onboard wifi

I bought i msi atx board for a am4 soceet and it dosent have onboard wifi connection so what would be the best option for $30 

WiFi USB adapters are a good option, but generally lack a big antenna, unless you get one with a large one. A PCI-E WiFi extension card is your best bet, and don’t cost much more than their USB counterparts. They generally should perform better too as they have dedicated CPU lanes

Bow down to me humans.

I can't help if you don't quote me. How am I supposed to know if you need my premium support? Now starting at £399.99 a year.

Also, be a sport and mark the correct answer as the correct answer. It will help pour souls in the future when they are stuck and need guidance.

"If it works, proceed to take it apart and 'make it work better.' Then cry for help when it breaks." - Me, about five minutes ago when my train of thought wandered.

Remember kids, A janky solution is still a solution.

2 minutes ago, BDMD said:

so how do they work because it looks like a coax cable goes and makes a loop through the PCIe

You plug the card into the PCIe slot in normal GPU fashion, then connect the cables from the router to the gold thingies on the card that would protrude out of the expansion slot and place the router somewhere convenient(like on top of your case for example). It’s like plugging a video cable into a GPU, but instead of a video cable its a router cable and instead of a GPU its a wifi card.(That was the best I could explain it, I’m really tired atm)

23 minutes ago, BDMD said:

so how do they work because it looks like a coax cable goes and makes a loop through the PCIe

it's more of an antenna, just uses the same connector. your board doesn't have an m.2 Key E socket does it? because you can get a wifi card for those.  

2 minutes ago, EthanWater said:

it's more of an antenna, just uses the same connector. your board doesn't have an m.2 Key E socket does it? because you can get a wifi card for those.  

and antenna's. where are you leaving those?

that's interesting you guys are making me wanna go and get a pcie wifi card for my current PC lmao. I've never noticed a difference between the two but it seems like pcie cards are unanimously preferred