Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Defective SSDs/Hardware or Software bug? (100% Activity but only when running one game)

dnx94

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600 @ 3675 Mhz (the OC setting is on auto)

CPU cooler: Arctic Freezer 33

MB: MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon MS-7A32

BIOS version: 1.H0

RAM: 2 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 DIMM CL15-17-17-35 8gb @ 2933 Mhz

GPU: MSI GTX1060 6gb

PSU: Corsair CX500

Cooling: 6 Arctic Fans (3pin)

So im using 2 KINGSTON SA400S37480G for games. I also use a 120gb one of them and a HDD for OS/Data but those never had the game on them and are running fine.

A few days ago I installed Forza Horizon 4 and it kept displaying an error "Low streaming bandwith" where it just doesn't load parts of the textures. A few people seem to have this problem using all kinds of SSDs and mid tier to high end systems but nobody found a solution so far.

I found out that every 10-15 minutes the drive is at 100% activity but not reading/writing anything and this only happens to the drive the game is installed on and also only when running this particular game.

I already checked the drives using the Windows tool and the Kingston tool, benchmarked them, tried reinstalling the game on the other drive, switching out sata cables and ports, disabling msi for these drives in the registry, switching sata power cables to my drives to give every drive an exclusive cable, but nothing helps. I also read it could be the power plan but it was set to ultimate performance the whole time.

I also found out these SSDs are trash and should be replaced but I still wanted to ask if someone has any other idea what the cause of this problem could be before buying a 970 evo SSD just for Forza and maybe not even fixing the problem that way.

Thanks in advance for trying to help me.

Edit: Fixed the problem myself the SSDs are pure crap and have no cache, I didn't check that and bought them because they were on sale but actualy the shop just wanted to get rid of them. Moved the game on the HDD runs perfectly now.

Edited by dnx94