Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Amazon order was refunded but item still shipped. What now?

Cyberspirit

Go to solution Solved by Arika S,

Was probably already processed and ready to be shipped. But instead of digging through the orders and pulling it out they likely just decided to let it go still. You're account would be in good enough standing for them to accept the loss

Hey, I ordered an album on the 21st of November but, later I realized that I couldn't pay for my PC parts if I paid for it so, I canceled the purchase and, they refunded the money to my card.

But today the order shipped for some reason. Did anyone have this happen before?

On my orders page this is what I get:

Spoiler

image.png.e8105cf6fc13b6195c1ccfafa924128f.png

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Was probably already processed and ready to be shipped. But instead of digging through the orders and pulling it out they likely just decided to let it go still. You're account would be in good enough standing for them to accept the loss

🌲🌲🌲

Judge the product by its own merits, not by the Company that created it.

Huh, well I'm not complaining.

I have enough money now so I'll pay for it if they ask for a return.

So here's the deal.  You're going to have set up a safe house preferably far out in the mountains where no one can reach you.  At least have 6 months supply of food and water on hand with a few weapons for self-defense.  Have materials for fire to send smoke signals to communicate and ditch the phones and laptops.  See you on the other side...

3 hours ago, Arika S said:

2 hours ago, Teddy07 said:

Obviously, keep it and shut your mouth.

39 minutes ago, LordOTaco said:

So here's the deal.  You're going to have set up a safe house preferably far out in the mountains where no one can reach you.  At least have 6 months supply of food and water on hand with a few weapons for self-defense.  Have materials for fire to send smoke signals to communicate and ditch the phones and laptops.  See you on the other side...

I'm really disappointed in you guys. Just keeping the item without paying for it would be morally wrong and probably illegal.

@ OP The correct thing to do would be to contact Amazon, tell them what happened, and let them decide what to do. They may or may not let you keep it for free but the decision must be Amazon's, not yours.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

2 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I'm really disappointed in you guys. Just keeping the item without paying for it would be morally wrong and probably illegal.

@ OP The correct thing to do would be to contact Amazon, tell them what happened, and let them decide what to do. They may or may not let you keep it for free but the decision must be Amazon's, not yours.

If you haven't noticed, a lot of the users on the forums have, shall we say... more flexible morals when it comes to stuff like this. Basically, they view it as "not my fault, so I get to keep it".

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

This has happened to me a couple of times, most recently last week when I purchased a 32GB micro-SD card that I no longer needed. Amazon refunded me the price and stated I didn't need to return the item. My guess is that some items cost Amazon more money to process the collection/return than for the refund.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

8 minutes ago, Nicnac said:

I agree with @Lady Fitzgerald but on the other hand it clearly says you don't need to send it back. So don't sweat it.

That's a good point - it looks like rather than processing the order as a cancellation, they processed it as a refund with no return instead.

That's a critical difference. That means that Amazon knows that they sent you the item, and they don't care. They allowed you to keep it. Had the words "there's no need to return your item" not been there, this would be different.

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I had something similar happen to me. I asked for a cancellation on an ASUS ROG 27" G-Sync monitor and so they did, they cancelled it and shipped it back. I got my refund, but then...I got an email saying it was delivered successfully. My refund was already issued and there a confirmed delivery email! 

I got home and nope, just a sad troll for me :( They sent the email on a scheduled system I assume....

4 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I hope you know I was joking...

@Cyberspirit  In all seriousness, I probably wouldn't bet on the Amazon gestapo coming to get you especially for a seemingly small purchase.  This kind of thing happens all the time with Amazon they'll just have you ship back one of them (if you have an unopened one I would send that one back).    

I totally missed the part about Amazon saying no need to return. Sorry.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Just now, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I totally missed the part about Amazon saying no need to return. Sorry.

Don't worry too much. I did too. And based on the response of most people in the thread - basically everyone except only a few people missed it.

Thanks for the responses Y'all. :) 

I noticed the "There's no need to return your item. Your refund has been issued." while writing the post but I thought I'd ask just in case.

You could always just refuse the package when it's delivered. 

Or if you have the tracking number, contact the shipper and tell them to return it right away.

Or you can keep it. Either way, Amazon doesn't care. Just be aware that they might not be as nice next time.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3600 / GPU: Radeon HD7970 GHz 3GB with Noctua Fans / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 11 Pro

5 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

Or you can keep it. Either way, Amazon doesn't care. Just be aware that they might not be as nice next time.

Hopefully it won't happen next time. I thought I could afford it even after buying some new hardware but, I was like $15 off so, I had to cancel it. 

I would've bought the CD anyway just a couple months later.

sell it for retail price and get better pc parts

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  Quote for a reply  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*   Ask for discord   *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It would cost them more money to process the return (e.g. they have to pay for gas themselves and shipping, as making you pay for shipping would be ......bad), than the cost of the item itself.  this is standard fare.

I had ordered a jar of manuka honey that got lost during transit, was supposed to be delivered 2 day prime shipping but hadn't arrived in 4 days.  Amazon couldn't find what happened to the item so they simply sent a 2nd one next day shipping.

Both items (the lost item and the new item) arrived the same day.  They didn't ask for the extra jar back.

In general, there are laws which govern whether you can keep an item or not.

In USA, if you receive an item you did not order, you are LEGALLY entitled to keep it, because this counts as "unsolicited goods" and companies cannot send people unsolicited goods.

Also in a strange twist which got me an extra cell phone, if you receive TWO cell phones from a third party seller company that shipped from DIFFERENT LOCATIONS and the second location had no tracking number and Amazon didn't even have record of the 2nd items' tracking number during shipment, and you received the first phone (with tracking of course) and the second one arrives unannounced in a separate package, with no tracking, e.g. shipped from a warehouse in Hong Kong (even if there was a tracking # on the box itself), this ALSO counts as UNORDERED MERCHANDISE under FTC law, and you are legally entitled to keep it.  If the company starts harassing or threatens you to return the item, you can take them to court and sue, and they have no chance of winning.  You'll probably get rich off this so no company worth their salt will ever risk their license to try to push things.

17 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

Hey, I ordered an album on the 21st of November but, later I realized that I couldn't pay for my PC parts if I paid for it so, I canceled the purchase and, they refunded the money to my card.

But today the order shipped for some reason. Did anyone have this happen before?

Reveal hidden contents

17 hours ago, Arika S said:

The next q is to return it or not. All depends I guess. Did you sign for it?

4 hours ago, TetraSky said:

Is $2 worth the $2000 return later with possible hard liners on the other end of the Amazon help desk on a bad day, in a period?

3 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

The next q is to return it or not. All depends I guess. Did you sign for it?

1 minute ago, Canada EH said:

Is $2 worth the $2000 return later with possible hard liners on the other end of the Amazon help desk on a bad day, in a period?

from the OP

image.png.929634222f1377d4a3c377c037d71a7a.png

🌲🌲🌲

Judge the product by its own merits, not by the Company that created it.

1 minute ago, Arika S said:

from the OP

Nice SCORE!

Free money is BEST Money!

Sell it or keep it.

18 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

Hide contents

NO WAY! I literally JUST went through this...and it was REALLY SKETCH. I do however...have the right phone numbers to call...should ya decide too...I know a guy. YUP!! And FYI - “Manilla Road is AWESOME!!!!

Respectfully,

TS