Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GeForce experience ruined my drivers - how do i fix?

OttoVonBismarck

Go to solution Solved by bleedblue,

Download DDU and use that to remove the drivers. Reinstall using file downloaded from NVIDIA's website.

So the GeForce experience had a driver update. i hadn't upgraded my drivers in ages but figured i would to see if i could get any performance increase. Don't know what the old driver i was using was, but i hit express installation in the GeForce Experience and it did its thing. i went and played games all evening and then shut down my computer like normal.

my resolution when i booted the computer this morning was like, 1024x768 or something tiny (on my 3440x1440 monitor), and after setting it back to normal i realised i couldn't run any games anymore. I couldnt open the nvidia control panel and i tried troubleshooting that, nothing helped. i opened geforce experience and its all messed up, only letting me see the drivers tab (clicking on anything else doesnt work) and it renders poorly

Here's what its doing, its like a window in the window and clicking on things is very hard

i tried to install the drivers through geforce experience like 2-3 times, then i tried to download them directly and install them that way, no results either way. I don't have any restore points for system restore. What do i do from here?

Download DDU and use that to remove the drivers. Reinstall using file downloaded from NVIDIA's website.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

6 minutes ago, bleedblue said:

Yep. And don't install the Crapforce Shitsperience software. It's junk :) 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X MSI B550M Mortar 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 @ CL15 - RX5700XT 660p 1TBGB & 256GB 600p Fractal Define Mini C CM V550 - Pop!_OS 20.04

23 hours ago, bleedblue said:

sorry for the slow reply, had work today. But thank you this worked

23 hours ago, NelizMastr said:

Yep. And don't install the Crapforce Shitsperience software. It's junk :) 

amen