Windows not reading Hdd can't download because of insufficient space

confettipoptart

I've recently built my computer and downloaded the os to a ssd and then have a 2tb hdd I planned to download games on, but i was having trouble having stuff download to the hdd instead of the ssd but moved the download folder over to the hdd from the ssd and it seemed to fix that, but now i can't download games because steam says i have insufficient space for a download as I was trying to download doom. Any help would be appreciated this is my first build so I expected a few hiccups but this has gotten rather annoying any help would be awesome thanks!

Just "moving" the download folder from one drive to the other won't take care of the problem.  What you need to do is check the windows settings to see if the second drive is indicated as the download drive.  Just "cut-n-paste" the folder just moves the folder and its contents but does not change the 'pointer' in the system.  It's that 'pointer' that needs to be changed.  Sry, but I don't know how to do it but I have read a lot of forum posts on the problem so I figure that is what you need to do.  Maybe someone else here can give you more help than I can.

To change the steam download location to the HDD; in steam go to Settings > Downloads > Steam Library Folders and click “Add Library Folder”. Navigate to your new Steam library folder Click “Add Library Folder”, select the drive you want to create the library folder on, and click “New Folder”. Give it whatever name you like, click “OK”, and then click “Select” to choose the folder you just created. You can set it as the default steam library folder here