Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3 sticks of ram?

Cbm971

Okay so let me start off in this hostile battle ground by saying I do not regret buying a pre-built. You will learn some things I dislike about my pre-built as you see my issue, but I am a busy, poor college student, and it was an I7 H170 PC on sale for 600$ 3 years ago. an XPS 8910 is my PC. yes Dell makes X profit but they buy there parts for half of what a user does, so it was cheaper and easier than building my own PC.... not better though. Now my issue for today! I have 8GB DDR 4 2133mhz ram, I ordered a assumingly identical 8GB ram stick to make it 16GB Duel channel! except... I ordered this before my other upgrades, and had not really opened up my PC to see what I actually had in it. my PC has two 4GB sticks of Dell branded Ram, how will that work with an 8GB? will it ruin duel channel capabilities? because it is 3 sticks? because they do not match? because I blew a ton of money on a GPU and SSD instead of a tutor and now i'm failing math again? what should I do for my ram to maintain duel channel speed and also get it up to 16GB? an 8GB matching stick is 58$, should I throw out my 4's? I do not think there is a major used market for dell branded slightly outdated 4gb ram sticks. unrelated but what do you guys think of my build? It is an I7 6700, a GTX 1070, an H170 board and... well it will be 16gb 2133mhz ram, as well as a 1TB evo 860 and 1TB meh 7200rpm drive. anyways I am just curious, many of you will have better, more personalized rigs, my actual question is just me trying to get a cheap recommendation on the ram situation. I have modded many pre-builts but never built from scratch, here I am a child among men.

Would 2 8GB sticks and 2 4GB sticks work? it is an H170 bored, same.... brand, same speed, can not guarantee same manufacturer. NVM THANK YOU Alex!!