Help with 9700k 4.9ghz all cores

Hi so I was wondering for the 9700k what voltage should I set it to if i want all cores to be at 4.9ghz I know i can just enable asus multicore enhancement but ive heard that that sets a really high voltage so I want to do it myself so what voltage would be fine for this?

Completely depends on the silicon lottery. I would maybe start at 1.35v and see if it's stable and then work your way down to see how low you can get the voltage before it becomes unstable. 

Just now, Brooksie359 said:

Completely depends on the silicon lottery. I would maybe start at 1.35v and see if it's stable and then work your way down to see how low you can get the voltage before it becomes unstable. 

Doesn't that seem high or is it ok?

Just now, Randomizer23 said:

1.35v is high but it should make it more likely to be stable. I mean you can start wherever you want. Maybe start at 1.3v then and see if it is stable there. It's basically a game of change the voltage and see if it works. Hopefully you can find the lowest voltage where it is stable. 

3 minutes ago, Randomizer23 said:

The problem with 1.35v would likely be thermals as 1.35v is safe as far as voltages are concerned. 

1.35v is high but it should make it more likely to be stable. I mean you can start wherever you want. Maybe start at 1.3v then and see if it is stable there. It's basically a game of change the voltage and see if it works. Hopefully you can find the lowest voltage where it is stable. 

Ok thank you and is 8 threads enough for gaming and streaming?

Just now, Randomizer23 said:

Ok thank you and is 8 threads enough for gaming and streaming?

Honestly I have no clue how well the 9700k does for streaming and gaming. You could always use the gpu for streaming if that is a concern. The 9700k should be capable of gaming and streaming I am just unsure how well it performs while doing so. 

You also have to take into consideration your streaming settings and the game you are playing. 

Ok thanks!