Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BSOD from underwatt PSU?

Long story short, my system is super unstable and often crashes without being under a full load, BSOD has an ERROR_CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED message. I'm thinking right now its either my old second hand motherboard or my 500 watt psu (psu calc said I need about 650 for full load). I'd rather not replace my motherboard if possible, so I'd like to get a PSU upgrade first to test if that fixes the problem, can anyone confirm an underwatt PSU can cause this type of problem?

1 minute ago, Trevor87 said:

What is the module of your PSU and MOB ?

What do you mean by module? I have an x79 motherboard and a rosewill semi modular 500 watt psu 

7 minutes ago, MaxwellArchitecture said:

What do you mean by module? I have an x79 motherboard and a rosewill semi modular 500 watt psu 

Different MOBS and PSU are ratted differently depending on the module.

On 12/4/2018 at 6:54 AM, MaxwellArchitecture said:

I think he means "model".  Not "module".

Anyhoo.. The odds that an underpowered PSU would cause BSODs is around the same as an asteroid hitting your house.

Your problem is elsewhere.

On 12/5/2018 at 6:04 PM, jonnyGURU said:

I think he means "model".  Not "module".

Anyhoo.. The odds that an underpowered PSU would cause BSODs is around the same as an asteroid hitting your house.

Your problem is elsewhere.

I just got my new psu and it still won't post, starting a new thread to solve a late CPU initialization error

1 hour ago, MaxwellArchitecture said:

I just got my new psu and it still won't post, starting a new thread to solve a late CPU initialization error

What PSU did you get?

And have you checked the correct seating of the Memory? And did you use the right slots??

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

1 minute ago, Stefan Payne said:

What PSU did you get?

And have you checked the correct seating of the Memory? And did you use the right slots??

A corsair RM850x, should be okay for an i73280 and 780 with some extra hardware in there (gt710 as well as a half dozen hard drives). As for the memory, the problem developed while all my memory sticks were installed in all 8 slots, I've tried different sticks in different slots but that just causes more problems.