Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GPU Always Doesn't Post Everytime I Remove and Reinstall It

_Hustler_One_

Hi guys

Does all GPU do the same thing that everytime we take it off from the motherboard and install it back on, it doesn't post to the monitor?

It always happenned to me, 2x! When I cleaned up my system and installing some RGB strip because space is narrow for routing the RGB controller cable so I need to take it off first.

I fixed by clean uninstall with DDU and reinstall the nvidia driver everytime I remove the GPU and put it back in.

What is wrong with problem like this?

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

So with display / power cables attached to your primary (dedicated) GPU,..Windows NEVER displays an image?
Maybe the bios has onboard loading first (Multi-Adapter-view?) ,..so it NEVER tries to load Nvidia driver as primary, but secondary.

So you re-route the display cable to onboard graphics...... then DDU the drivers?

It never just AUTO-Detects and works?

I've removed my GTX1070 over 20 times, and when it goes back in,.. the Nvidia drivers just attach automatically and work. No Reinstall needed.

Maybe your Windows settings,.. like it isn't keeping the install files/drivers located on the system and therefore,.. can't reattach the driver on reboot/reinitialization.

Weird....thats for sure.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

13 minutes ago, SkilledRebuilds said:

So with display / power cables attached to your primary (dedicated) GPU,..Windows NEVER displays an image?

So you re-route the display cable to onboard graphics...... then DDU the drivers?

It never just AUTO-Detects and works?

I've removed my GTX1070 over 20 times, and when it goes back in,.. the Nvidia drivers just attach automatically and work. No Reinstall needed.

Maybe your Windows settings,.. like it isn't keeping the install files/drivers located on the system and therefore,.. can't reattach the driver on reboot/reinitialization.

Weird....thats for sure.

Correct! That was exactly the problem I'm facing. Why it doesn't just autodetect the GPU and run it? Weird indeed..

How can I make it to work normally like you have?

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs: