Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why am I getting such low scores with a GTX 1070/R2600 configuration compared to other people with worse CPUs.

Indominus-Rex

Doesn't make much sense because most people with worse CPUs than mine are getting higher so I have to admit I'm abut worried here but i also have to mention this card has been mined on for about a year so I'm not sure if that has any effect.

20181204_152609.jpg

Do others also run 8x AA then? This preset is about as tough as Heaven can be.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 5 5600X MSI B550M Mortar 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 @ CL15 - RX5700XT 660p 1TBGB & 256GB 600p Fractal Define Mini C CM V550 - Pop!_OS 20.04

Try running 3DMark FireStrike test and post your score here.

The fact that the card was mined on doesn't decrease its performance. It only affects its potential lifespan.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3800MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

2 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Try running 3DMark FireStrike test and post your score here.

The fact that the card was mined on doesn't decrease its performance. It only affects its potential lifespan.

20181204_160654.jpg

2 minutes ago, Indominus-Rex said:

SNIP

Scores seem fine to me. A bit low on the GPU side but that's probably because you're running it stock. It's probably a basic model of some sorts too because judging from the score, its clocks aren't very high. I managed to get 17300 Graphics Score on an overclocked R9 Fury card so this is why I'm fairly sure about the score.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3800MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

8 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Is your 2600 overclocked to 4.0-4.2 Ghz?

Is your GPU fan curve default or is it tuned for performance?

What are your clock speeds for the gpu/cpu?

Whats your Ram speed?

1. No its set to the default clocks but it does overclock itself but never above 3800MHZ

2. I pretty much set it to 100% at all times lol

3. For the GPU I've set it at 2025 core clock speed and as for the CPU refer to 1.

4. Ram speed is at 2666MHz via XMP

1 minute ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Scores seem fine to me. A bit low on the GPU side but that's probably because you're running it stock. It's probably a basic model of some sorts too because judging from the score, its clocks aren't very high. I managed to get 17300 Graphics Score on an overclocked R9 Fury card so this is why I'm fairly sure about the score.

Yea I haven't overclocked it yet but will in a while. And yes it is a pretty basic model (zotac mini).

1 minute ago, Indominus-Rex said:

1. No its set to the default clocks but it does overclock itself but never above 3800MHZ

2. I pretty much set it to 100% at all times lol

3. For the GPU I've set it at 2025 core clock speed and as for the CPU refer to 1.

4. Ram speed is at 2666MHz via XMP

Thats not overclocking, thats just boost. Overclock it to 4 ghz, easily should be able to do that.

Thats pretty loud for fans, but so be it.

Clockspeed doesnt seem to be an issue

Ram should be 3000 mhz, if you can get it that fast. Ryzen prefers 3000 mhz ram.

Yea I haven't overclocked it yet but will in a while. And yes it is a pretty basic model (zotac mini).

Yeah, I thought so. "Mini" cards are a bit slower than their higher-end counterparts usually.

I'm not sure what the combined score should be but CPU & GPU scores look fine to me so I wouldn't worry. IMO Heaven benchmark is better for stresstesting than benchmarking purposes.

3 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

Thats not overclocking, thats just boost. Overclock it to 4 ghz, easily should be able to do that.

Thats pretty loud for fans, but so be it.

Clockspeed doesnt seem to be an issue

Ram should be 3000 mhz, if you can get it that fast. Ryzen prefers 3000 mhz ram.

Yea ive heard about the ram thing but at the time they were expensive so I settled with 2666mhz. About the CPU clockspeeds, can i overclock it to 4GHz on the stock cooler without changing any voltage settings because i really dont want to accidentally fry it.

4 minutes ago, Morgan MLGman said:

Yeah, I thought so. "Mini" cards are a bit slower than their higher-end counterparts usually.

I'm not sure what the combined score should be but CPU & GPU scores look fine to me so I wouldn't worry. IMO Heaven benchmark is better for stresstesting than benchmarking purposes.

Thanks for your input man, really appreciate it. But judging by the conclusion that Mini cards suck, is it worth it to sell this card off and top up about $25-$30 to get a better model?

Thanks for your input man, really appreciate it. But judging by the conclusion that Mini cards suck, is it worth it to sell this card off and top up about $25-$30 to get a better model?

That's kind of a big jump from "Mini cards are a bit slower" to "Mini cards suck" lol. Boost and OC is pretty much the same across the board with the 10XX series, but you'll get quieter operation and better thermals with a full size card, likely allowing you to hold those speeds for longer. So no more running fans at 100% :P 

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

4 minutes ago, Indominus-Rex said:

I personally would. I believe that higher-end GPU models are worth it because of acoustics, thermals and overclocking and I always preferred to get the better one, this is why I'm personally using a watercooled GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid myself - it's cool, very quiet and has very high boost clocks due to good temperatures. This is because of how GPU Boost 3.0 works on Pascal cards.

Value-wise, it's not such a good idea because the performance won't be game-changing, however boost clocks should be higher and potential overclocks should be better due to better thermals. All at a lower noise if you choose a good model.

31 minutes ago, tikker said:

That's kind of a big jump from "Mini cards are a bit slower" to "Mini cards suck" lol. Boost and OC is pretty much the same across the board with the 10XX series, but you'll get quieter operation and better thermals with a full size card, likely allowing you to hold those speeds for longer. So no more running fans at 100% :P 

Haha fair enough