DP monitor goes to sleep and wont wake up

JorksX

Not sure if this is gpu problem but basically I just got samsung C24FG73FQU display, connected it with displayport to my gtx 960, and my other benq monitor is connected to same gpu via DVI cable.

Before I had two monitors, one with DVI cabl and on with HDMI. I had no problems

Removd the HDMI cable and the display and replaced with that samsung one.

everything is working fine until this samsung monitor goes to sleep mode and from windows settings I cannot see the samsung monitor anymore. I have to manually turn on the samsung monitor and then windows detects it and everything is fine again.

How can I fix this sleep mode problem.

from windows power settings everything is "never"

I'm using windows 8.1

I tried to google it but did not found anything with windows 8.

There was few windows 10 posts where I had to change some reggit settings but I cannot find them on windows 8.

AND

seccond problem im having that I cannot connect 3 monitors. gtx 960 supports only two but I have gts 450 for my 3rd monitor.

Nvidia changed some stuff because like 6 months ago, when I downloaded gtx 960 drivers, my gts450 with displays started working and I had 3 monitors working fine.

but NOW I have to first download gtx960 drivers. then I get my 2 monitors working.

Then I have to download gts450 drivers. And I get my 3rd monitor working.

so I get all my monitors working but for example Battlefield 5 starts yelling at me that I have old gpu drivers.

If I downlaod newest gtx960 drviers and install them. I get to play battlefield 5 fine. but my 3rd monitor is not working and windows wont detect it. I have to download gts450 drivers again to get 3rd monitor working again but then battlefield 5 starts saying I have old drivers.

11 minutes ago, JorksX said:

Not sure if this is gpu problem but basically I just got samsung C24FG73FQU display, connected it with displayport to my gtx 960, and my other benq monitor is connected to same gpu via DVI cable.

Before I had two monitors, one with DVI cabl and on with HDMI. I had no problems

Removd the HDMI cable and the display and replaced with that samsung one.

everything is working fine until this samsung monitor goes to sleep mode and from windows settings I cannot see the samsung monitor anymore. I have to manually turn on the samsung monitor and then windows detects it and everything is fine again.

How can I fix this sleep mode problem.

from windows power settings everything is "never"

I'm using windows 8.1

I tried to google it but did not found anything with windows 8.

There was few windows 10 posts where I had to change some reggit settings but I cannot find them on windows 8.

AND

seccond problem im having that I cannot connect 3 monitors. gtx 960 supports only two but I have gts 450 for my 3rd monitor.

Nvidia changed some stuff because like 6 months ago, when I downloaded gtx 960 drivers, my gts450 with displays started working and I had 3 monitors working fine.

but NOW I have to first download gtx960 drivers. then I get my 2 monitors working.

Then I have to download gts450 drivers. And I get my 3rd monitor working.

so I get all my monitors working but for example Battlefield 5 starts yelling at me that I have old gpu drivers.

If I downlaod newest gtx960 drviers and install them. I get to play battlefield 5 fine. but my 3rd monitor is not working and windows wont detect it. I have to download gts450 drivers again to get 3rd monitor working again but then battlefield 5 starts saying I have old drivers.

Well, the Samsung C24FG73 might have it's own sleep settings. You should check those. No idea about the drivers tho.

Did you correctly set up the monitor to wake on signal input? Consult your manual for more information.

As for the drivers, unfortunately driver support for Fermi GPU has been discontinued by Nvidia. The final driver version is 391.35, installing anything later than that will cause that Fermi card to stop working, yet Battlefield requires newer driver to work properly. You can grab a cheap GT 1030 or equivalent to replace the Fermi card.

"Mankind’s greatest mistake will be its inability to control the technology it has created."

3 minutes ago, SkyHound0202 said:

Did you correctly set up the monitor to wake on signal input? Consult your manual for more information.

As for the drivers, unfortunately driver support for Fermi GPU has been discontinued by Nvidia. The final driver version is 391.35, installing anything later than that will cause that Fermi card to stop working, yet Battlefield requires newer driver to work properly. You can grab a cheap GT 1030 or equivalent to replace the Fermi card.

I just fixxed it by my own, I've had gtx960 for few years at least and when I got it I remember someone said that it supports only 2 monitors.

now I looked from windows screen resolution settings and saw that "one output availible" and already had two monitors connected. now connected the 3rd one and all displays working from same gpu :)

Any idea how much performance I lose by doing this?

I mean I have 40" tv, some old 60hz benq monitor and this 144hz samsung connected to gtx960.

Do I lose like 20fps ingame or not at all?

20 minutes ago, Mholes said:

Well, the Samsung C24FG73 might have it's own sleep settings. You should check those. No idea about the drivers tho.

the display itself has 60hz mode and 144hz mode and dark mode. from display settings there is only contrast, sharpness and brightness settings. nothing else.

I did not found anything in the manual also.

8 minutes ago, JorksX said:

I just fixxed it by my own, I've had gtx960 for few years at least and when I got it I remember someone said that it supports only 2 monitors.

now I looked from windows screen resolution settings and saw that "one output availible" and already had two monitors connected. now connected the 3rd one and all displays working from same gpu :)

Any idea how much performance I lose by doing this?

I mean I have 40" tv, some old 60hz benq monitor and this 144hz samsung connected to gtx960.

Do I lose like 20fps ingame or not at all?

the display itself has 60hz mode and 144hz mode and dark mode. from display settings there is only contrast, sharpness and brightness settings. nothing else.

I did not found anything in the manual also.

The performance impact is like max 1-3fps in games. Unless you do something taxing on another display while gaming with another.

Anybody got answer to first question?

it takes like 5minutes for that monitor to go sleep and then windows wont detect it anymore. I press power button on the monitor and it turn on.

its display port problem because if I attach HDMI cable to this monitor, it wont go to sleep mode.

• 3 months later...

Had the same issue.

I used a completely other DP cable from another Brand.

I turned the PC on and no problems with the sleep.

As to why this issue with certain DP cables exsists i don't know.