Best case aound £100?

TimidMage66

I'm plnning to eventually get a bunch of new prts, including case.

I don't want to spend too much, maybe around £100, either slightly higher or lower. I know about the NZXT H500 and Meshify C, but what other options are there? Which do you people think is the best case around that price?

What do you want from the case?

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

21 minutes ago, Quadriplegic said:

What do you want from the case?

Probably want to prioritise cooling. Also want it to fit a full ATX motherboard.

20 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

Focus g

thats a £50 case, not a £100 case and its build like one. not really a £100 case recomendation imo even though i like it.

Define C, Meshify C, cooler master h500 non p(because thats somehow only £100 when the rest of them are £150-£170?), PC-O11 air

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 minute ago, TimidMage66 said:

Probably want to prioritise cooling. Also want it to fit a full ATX motherboard.

Silverstone RL06 and Meshify C are great options for air cooling. 

Define R5 and Silent Base 600 do offer pretty good space for water cooling, but they are more of silence focused cases, so I don't think they are ideal choices to go with.

Crystal 460x should be pretty good too

Ex-EX build: Liquidfy C+... R.I.P.

Ex-build:

Meshify C – sold

Ryzen 5 1600x @4.0 GHz/1.4V – sold

Gigabyte X370 Aorus Gaming K7 – sold

Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB @3200 Mhz – sold

Alpenfoehn Brocken 3 Black Edition – it's somewhere

Sapphire Vega 56 Pulse – ded

Intel SSD 660p 1TB – sold

be Quiet! Straight Power 11 750w – sold

Thanks for the suggestions!

Anyway, I had a look at the CM H500, The FD Meshify C, The Silverstone RL06 and the Corsair Crystal 460X.

Which do you people is the best overall between them? What are the pros and cons of each?

4 hours ago, TimidMage66 said:

Thanks for the suggestions!

Anyway, I had a look at the CM H500, The FD Meshify C, The Silverstone RL06 and the Corsair Crystal 460X.

Which do you people is the best overall between them? What are the pros and cons of each?

Depends on what you're defining as "best". Here's my personal break down

Build quality (Somewhat subjective, fairly fact based on materials used and construction)

• 460X by a hair
  • Meshify C / H500
  • RL06

Airflow (Stock, no added fans)

• RL06
  • H500
  • Meshify C
  • 460x

If you were to add fans to the H500 or Meshify C, they would meet or surpass the RL06 which comes with 4 fans (theyre not great fans but hey, theyre decent and 4 fans move air)

Aesthetics (subjective)

• 460x
  • Meshify C/H500
  • RL06

Cable management (Is good in all 4 but there are some minor differences)

• Meshify C
  • H500
  • 460x
  • RL06

Space Efficiency (How much hardware you can fit in less space)

• Meshify C
  • RL06
  • 460x/H500

Personal recommendations

1. MeshifyC/H500 (Best in class airflow, Great cable managemnt and good build quality)
  2. 460X (Not as good on airflow but aesthetics are top notch and the case still does fine cooling your system)
  3. RL06 (I'm just not a fan of the build quality, but stock airflow is overall one of the best of any case on the market)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25