Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Laptop screen blank but with backlight working

 Share

Long story short, the screen on my laptop was closed too hard and the screen needed replacing as there were cracks all throughout and the ink was bleeding all over it making the thing bacically unusable. I did so and the new screen (basically the exact same one but generic) worked brilliantly, displaying everything at the exact same resolution. Only a day later, the screen turned off, turned back on for a second then turned off completely. Now all you can see is a blank screen with the backlight on. I’ve plugged it into an external display and everything works just fine but the screen on the laptop itself. Incase this matters, I checked for recent drivers in the devices properties. Any help would be appreciated, thanks. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If drivers are up to date, could be a faulty/loose connection or part. 

 

If you did it yourself, give it the old unplug and plug it back, if you had it done at a vendor, tell them to fix it right this time. 

SOC Engineer/Cybersecurity Consultant

CompTIA Security+

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, pogoemt said:

If drivers are up to date, could be a faulty/loose connection or part. 

 

If you did it yourself, give it the old unplug and plug it back, if you had it done at a vendor, tell them to fix it right this time. 

I did it myself as it really wasn’t that difficult. I also have taken it apart again a double checked that the connections were connected properly and the display cable popped out as I lifted the mobo, but I figured that’s just becuause I maybe pulled it too hard. I’m 100% sure that I plugged everything in the first time correctly and firmly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, MrPalmer92 said:

I did it myself as it really wasn’t that difficult. I also have taken it apart again a double checked that the connections were connected properly and the display cable popped out as I lifted the mobo, but I figured that’s just becuause I maybe pulled it too hard. I’m 100% sure that I plugged everything in the first time correctly and firmly. 

Could something have been damaged if the display connection wasn’t inserted correctly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MrPalmer92 said:

I did it myself as it really wasn’t that difficult. I also have taken it apart again a double checked that the connections were connected properly and the display cable popped out as I lifted the mobo, but I figured that’s just becuause I maybe pulled it too hard. I’m 100% sure that I plugged everything in the first time correctly and firmly. 

if you are confident that you have connected everything correctly, then it might be faulty hardware - cords, connectors, the screen itself, other hardware related to the native display adapter etc. 

SOC Engineer/Cybersecurity Consultant

CompTIA Security+

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, pogoemt said:

if you are confident that you have connected everything correctly, then it might be faulty hardware - cords, connectors, the screen itself, other hardware related to the native display adapter etc. 

Alright. Thanks. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MrPalmer92 said:

Alright. Thanks. 

Good luck diagnosing the issue! Hardware issues are such a pain.

SOC Engineer/Cybersecurity Consultant

CompTIA Security+

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×