Intel I5 8400 vs Ryzen 5 2600 For Adobe Applications

Aliens

I use Adobe After Effects a lot,used to do only 720p content because of my old i3U 3rd gen,but i would like to go up to 1080p and i want my render and preview times to be rather short,my current render times for a 720p 15min video are 6 hours (depending on the effects i use),i would like that to get to at least 2 hours at worst for 720p,which one would you recommend and why,i tried everywhere to find benchmarks but those cine-bench crap dont cut it for me,if you could provide Adobe benchmarks or just speak from experience,i would love to know,thank yall.(btw ram will be 2x4 2400mhz and a 570 8GB for GPU)

Both have the same core count. If you are not going to overclock the Ryzen then I would stick to intel. That way you can use lintel obtain memory which will speed up your mechanical hard drive. Also the intell prosessor whill be slightly faster if you do not overclock the Ryzen. 

The ryzen 2600 will be faster for editing and your renders, the 8400 is for gaming and more expensive than the 2600 so not a great choice. Pair the 2600 with a b450 tomahawk and youre set.

Oh, also the i5-8400 peforms the same as the 2600X with stock clock speeds in Gaming

aorus pro z390

noctua nh-d15s chromax w black cover

evga 3070 ultra

samsung 128gb, adata swordfish 1tb, wd blue 1tb

seasonic 620w dogballs psu

If you solely doing adobe workloads, i would recommend for i5 because premiere can utilise its igpu for hardware encoding.

but

BUT

check voukoder, it can leverage hardware encoding on gpu like nvenc, if you have a kepler and newer graphics card. in that case, ryzen makes your work a breeze.

On 12/4/2018 at 4:32 AM, Adam132 said:

Both have the same core count. If you are not going to overclock the Ryzen then I would stick to intel. That way you can use lintel obtain memory which will speed up your mechanical hard drive. Also the intell prosessor whill be slightly faster if you do not overclock the Ryzen. 

it's Optane.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!