Battlefield 5 - New Update will improve RayTracing Performance by up to 50% says Nvidia

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
Go to solution Solved by Rohith_Kumar_Sp,

Update 

According to our analysis, frame-rates in Battlefield 5 RTX increase by anything up to 120% - meaning that RTX 2080 Ti can deliver 1440p60

2 hours ago, BuckGup said:

Then what's the point of ray tracing if you are only going use it for specific things like reflections?

Well... one reason is that diffuse light maps are not as obviously non-physical as screen-space reflections, and those themselves are eons better than the variations of non-traced reflections that existed previously.

So to a certain extent, until you can have your cake and eat it too, you really should focus on the things that make the most visual difference. We have hit (or at least situationally explored) pretty hard the diminishing returns on texture quality, volumetric effects, tesselation quality, texture mapping, draw distance, etc etc... and reflections is the biggest leftover DR to explore and attempt to push. Which is what RT hardware is trying to do of course.

It was one of the major arguments for improving physics engines first afterall, and we all have reaped the benefits of that (even if they obviously still aren't perfect).

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

My initial (re)testing did seem to bear out quite an improvement in FPS.  It could generally maintain over 60FPS in 4K, deets set to "High" but DXR deets set to "Low".  This wasn't a complete and thorough test, just a little mucking about in TDM.  I played through the entire "Last Tiger" campaign with DXR on and didn't really notice the loss of FPS; it was, after all, a single player campaign.  I then went into the Testing Range and flew around with it on; it generally bounced around between 60-100+ depending on what part of the map I was looking at.

Again: 4K, details set to "High" except AA, AO, and Post Processing (lowest possible).  And DXR also set to "Low".  Obviously only one of my two GPUs was being used since Dice's DX12 implementation doesn't include mGPU.

Looks stunning, but for competitive play I'm going to continue using DX11 and SLI.  If they ever change their stance on DX12 mGPU, I'll revisit this.

Editing Rig: Mac Pro 7,1

System Specs: 3.2GHz 16-core Xeon | 96GB ECC DDR4 | AMD Radeon Pro W6800X Duo | Lots of SSD and NVMe storage |

Audio: Universal Audio Apollo Thunderbolt-3 Interface |

Displays: 3 x LG 32UL950-W displays |

Gaming Rig: PC

System Specs:  Asus ROG Crosshair X670E Extreme | AMD 7800X3D | 64GB G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 6000MHz RAM | NVidia 4090 FE card (OC'd) | Corsair AX1500i power supply | CaseLabs Magnum THW10 case (RIP CaseLabs ) |

Audio:  Sound Blaster AE-9 card | Mackie DL32R Mixer | Sennheiser HDV820 amp | Sennheiser HD820 phones | Rode Broadcaster mic |

Display: Asus PG32UQX 4K/144Hz displayBenQ EW3280U display

Cooling:  2 x EK 140 Revo D5 Pump/Res | EK Quantum Magnitude CPU block | EK 4090FE waterblock | AlphaCool 480mm x 60mm rad | AlphaCool 560mm x 60mm rad | 13 x Noctua 120mm fans | 8 x Noctua 140mm fans | 2 x Aquaero 6XT fan controllers |

Update 

According to our analysis, frame-rates in Battlefield 5 RTX increase by anything up to 120% - meaning that RTX 2080 Ti can deliver 1440p60

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker