Thermal Paste from Intel Stock cooler for GPU?

Casual Cube
Go to solution Solved by Reznik,

Is the 1080 used or new?  If new leave it as is.  If used and that's why you want to replace the paste, I would wait until you have a fresh tube of something decnet before disassembling. You don't want to open it up and not have enough on hand to properly replace.  

So here's a silly one:

I just blew all my money on a new PC.

I legit scraped this pretty hard. And then went on to buy some extra stuff like a nice toolkit and extra fans etc. Trust me, I need these things.
The only thing I would buy right now if I let myself would've been some Noice thermal paste. But again, I'm flat out spending money I don't have on this so I dont wanna anymore.
I already got an aftermarket cooler for my i5-8500 but I was thinking of using any extra paste for the GPU, which there always is more of if the tube is included (right?). Would this be safe and suitable to give my MSI armor OC 1080 some extra cooling?
Its not a serious thought. If this checks out ill def do it thats all.
All your opinions are valued! Thank you!

It's just that that thing runs around 20 degrees hotter than other options. If you have some more money to blow, you could get a artic cooler.

Edited by wkdpaul

nah its just excitement. honest. Coudl you link me what you're talking about?

1 minute ago, M.Yurizaki said:

Any thermal paste is better than no paste.

I mean, the GPU does have paste inside it right

Is the 1080 used or new?  If new leave it as is.  If used and that's why you want to replace the paste, I would wait until you have a fresh tube of something decnet before disassembling. You don't want to open it up and not have enough on hand to properly replace.  

Ryzen 2600 - Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 - Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - Corsair Force MP500 NVMe PCIe M.2 240GB - 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB - 

AsRock B450 PRO4 - Deepcool Earlkase Case -  Seasonic Foucus+ 650