Now that Star Citizen is going for free trial, what's your opinion on this game?

zassou

Now that Star Citizen is going for free trial, what's your opinion on this game?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. this is a multi option poll

• I still think it's a scam.
    • Just another vapourware.
    • Hey, at least they made it through the crowd funding and have something to show.
    • Would liked to play it.
    • I BACKED THEM WITH MY DOLLARZ! IT WILL BE GOTY FOREVER!
    • What about another game? Please specify.
    • What is Star Citizen?

Personally i against the idea of paying before releasing. Both crowd funding and pre-ordering are financially irresponsible. I think excessive hype can ruin a product. Games from Duke Nukem Forever to Fallout 76 all got to much hype than they should. 

Now i don't buy any game on day 1, I'll wait for a year or so to see how it's maturing, if it's good like No Man's Sky then I'll consider it.

Anyway i think X4 is worth your attention if you into space sandbox while hate multiplayer. Hope its learning curve isn't steep like Eve online(a bunch of space trolls hunting newbs for lolz).

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

even free is too much. the developers have dragged their feet for too long. they made a whole lot of money but barely anything to show for it

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

I don't think the game pushes something new right now, there is only concepts and no actual development. I understand that it takes a lot of time but with 200M they could pay programmers for a long time to do the job as they envision it.

Maybe someday the game would turn out to be great, and will be a place to have fun...but until then I ain't braking no dolla for them

Personally I like it. Ive played it on and off for about 3-4 years now. It was much rougher before since you didnt even have a fraction of what they have in the game now. 

That being said, it is very much early access and IMO the bigger issue has been how the devs more or less handled the expectations that people had going into it. When I first started, I was under the impression that I would get an open world persistent MMO style space explorer and at the time I had a hangar to look at my ships and a few racing and FPS modes. Left a bad taste in my mouth and didnt touch it for a long time.

Now, while there still isnt much, you have your little quadrant of space you can explore, there are missions, bounty hunting stuff and other minor missions to do as well as trading and the FPS and racing modes. Ships are cool, space looks great and the experience is really cool.

I would recommend doing the free trail if the game interested you at any point before tbh. You might like it alright now.

wait is the game going free to play? I am confused i played on a free weekend about a year or 2 ago and would like to play it again

MY MAIN BUILD AT FATHERS HOUSE!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor CPU COOLER:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard

RAM: 32gb ddr3

Hard Drive:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card:  MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case: Rosewill TYRFING ATX Mid Tower Case

Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Case Fans:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (PLUS THE STOCK CASE FAN)

Monitor:  Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

Keyboard:  Thermaltake CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse:  MSI Interceptor DS B1 Wired Optical Mouse

Speakers: Logitech Z200 0W 2ch Speakers

3 hours ago, Lilninjsways said:

wait is the game going free to play? I am confused i played on a free weekend about a year or 2 ago and would like to play it again

Another free weekend I think. 

As #muricaparrotgang's founder, I invite you to join our ranks today.

"My name is Legion 'Murica Parrot Gang, for we are many."

(We actually welcome all forms of animated parrot gifs.)

The artist formerly known as Aelar_Nailo.

Profile Pic designed by the very lovely @Red :)!

4 hours ago, Aelar_Nailo said:

Another free weekend I think. 

Oh i see

MY MAIN BUILD AT FATHERS HOUSE!

Spoiler

CPU: AMD FX-8300 3.3GHz 8-Core Processor CPU COOLER:  Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P ATX AM3+ Motherboard

RAM: 32gb ddr3

Hard Drive:  Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

Graphics Card:  MSI Radeon RX 470 DirectX 12 Radeon RX 470 ARMOR 4G OC 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Case: Rosewill TYRFING ATX Mid Tower Case

Network Adapter:  TP-Link TL-WN781ND PCI-Express x1 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi Adapter

Case Fans:  Corsair Air Series AF140 Quiet Edition 67.8 CFM 140mm Fan (PLUS THE STOCK CASE FAN)

Monitor:  Asus VG248QE 24.0" 1920x1080 144Hz Monitor

Keyboard:  Thermaltake CHALLENGER PRIME Wired Gaming Keyboard

Mouse:  MSI Interceptor DS B1 Wired Optical Mouse

Speakers: Logitech Z200 0W 2ch Speakers

Meh.

I've stopped caring about the game over the years.

New Build (The Compromise): CPU - i7 9700K @ 5.1Ghz Mobo - ASRock Z390 Taichi | RAM - 16GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 3200CL14 @ 3466 14-14-14-30 1T | GPU - ASUS Strix GTX 1080 TI | Cooler - Corsair h100i Pro | SSDs - 500 GB 960 EVO + 500 GB 850 EVO + 1TB MX300 | Case - Coolermaster H500 | PSUEVGA 850 P2 | Monitor - LG 32GK850G-B 144hz 1440p | OSWindows 10 Pro. 

Peripherals - Corsair K70 Lux RGB | Corsair Scimitar RGB | Audio-technica ATH M50X + Antlion Modmic 5 |

CPU/GPU history: Athlon 6000+/HD4850 > i7 2600k/GTX 580, R9 390, R9 Fury > i7 7700K/R9 Fury, 1080TI > Ryzen 1700/1080TI > i7 9700K/1080TI.

Other tech: Surface Pro 4 (i5/128GB), Lenovo Ideapad Y510P w/ Kali, OnePlus 6T (8G/128G), PS4 Slim.