Upgrading a 6600k for a 9900k ?

Hey guys, so I might sell my current CPU GPU mobo so that my niece can get the sweet sweet PCMR feels, I have an i5 6600k, not overclocked, since I bought a stupid B150 MSI Gaming M3 that I didn't bother to research the differences between B150 and Z170, and a 980 from MSI.

I have 16gb of ram and a corsair CX750-M.

So I've been thinking about getting an i9 9900k, some 200€ mobo, and a 1080ti.

Am I going to get a noticable difference in everything, flat games, VR games, video/photo editing, general windows stuff ? considering that's 1500€ on the table, I'd like to have a good reason to spend that much, other than me wanting it lol.

Also, I have a Cooler Master Seidon 120v V1, with a Noctua NF-F12, is it enough for cooling, considering it gets pretty hot ?

And finally, what if I just get a 1080ti ?

Because I feel like a 6600k might be a bottleneck, especially in VR, but if it's enough I'll just get my niece a Ryzen 2600 with my 980 and call it a day.

Thanks for your guidance.

That's going to be a massive increase in performance. 9900K and a 1080 Ti will be amazing in games and general usage. You'll definitely notice the difference.

The problem is though, unless you actually have a reason to spend 1500€ then there's no reason to upgrade (apart from giving your niece a PC). 

A 1080 Ti wouldn't be too bad with a 6600k. It'll bottleneck a bit but if you game in 1080p then it'll probably be alright.

them cores will help always ? but the i9900k has a good per cor preformence and vr will be way better with a 1080ti all games will be. but i would say get a i7-9700k and save a few you wont get bottelnecks an i9 is just over kill

42 minutes ago, BMW_X6_50i said:

Hey guys, so I might sell my current CPU GPU mobo so that my niece can get the sweet sweet PCMR feels, I have an i5 6600k, not overclocked, since I bought a stupid B150 MSI Gaming M3 that I didn't bother to research the differences between B150 and Z170, and a 980 from MSI.

I have 16gb of ram and a corsair CX750-M.

So I've been thinking about getting an i9 9900k, some 200€ mobo, and a 1080ti.

Am I going to get a noticable difference in everything, flat games, VR games, video/photo editing, general windows stuff ? considering that's 1500€ on the table, I'd like to have a good reason to spend that much, other than me wanting it lol.

Also, I have a Cooler Master Seidon 120v V1, with a Noctua NF-F12, is it enough for cooling, considering it gets pretty hot ?

And finally, what if I just get a 1080ti ?

Because I feel like a 6600k might be a bottleneck, especially in VR, but if it's enough I'll just get my niece a Ryzen 2600 with my 980 and call it a day.

Thanks for your guidance.

oo and the cooler way to small youll need to get that just a bigger

Technically you could say I'm getting rid of my stuff, I'm selling it 350€ because I feel like in 2-3 years if I can even get 200 for it, that is if I manage to sell it, so I'd rather do that, I know it works it won't fail on her, buying used is nice but you don't know what the previous guy did, casual gaming ? nothing ? EXTREME OVERCLOCKS NITROGEN NUCLEAR GAMER ?

So that's what I thought it's a bit overkill lol, while you don't really feel 150€ when spending that much, getting the i9 means I'd have to spend another 100-130€ to get another cooler, and I can only fit a 240mm in my case which is probably the strict minimum and I'd rather have 360, since even 120 isn't enough, so fuck that idea.

I do feel like I'm not having the performance of a 980 in VR at least from what other people are saying, which might be lies for all I know, to get that e-penis bigger, like some guy on nvidia's facebook page saying his 770 can game in ultra settings 60fps in 7800*1000 or something, and that rtx cards suck, but my benchmarks are always on the higher end of 980 performance, so I don't know lol.

The 9700k looks pretty good from what I looked up, does it need a bigger cooler or will I be fine with mine ?