Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Moto z2 force wont boot

Recently my moto z2 force battery started dying faster, then it started turning off at or around 50%, but would reboot and be fine.  Over the course of a few days it died after only an hour of use and one day it stopped booting.  it moves past the T Mobile screen, then starts the "hello moto" boot screen, but only continues for about a half second so safe mode would be very diffucult to get into unless there is another way to get into it that i am not aware of (other than holding the up and power button at the "hello moto" screen).  There have been times that it goes further in the boot,  maybe continuing for 2+ seconds, but im not quick, enough to get into safe mode  .It hasn't booted past the "hello moto" screen, and it hasn't passed this while i am ready to try to boot into safe mode.  I can get into the menu that has a bunch of crap I don't understand, but i can also get into recovery mode.  Is there any way to backup my data and factory reset it and restore only things i need, or a way to reinstall the O.S. or something? Somehow make it work.  IDK.  Help is appreciated.

Note: i replaced the Battery with a new one from amazon.  It was a swark one (i think) and it was about $25. 

basically its in a reboot loop that wont change unless it dies, i turn it off, or i enter the menu with recovery mode, some kind of barcodes, etc.  

Thanks

Try pressing a combination of the volume and on buttons to get into the boot menu.

@Adam132 i think i have, is it the menu with the android with its stomach open and it has the serial number and a bunch of options that are controlled by the arrow keys?

Im not sure what to do from there, I just know it exists lol. Just try the options.