275 watt PSU with GT 1030

NathanielCE
Go to solution Solved by Fasauceome,

The 1030 is super low power, so yeah you should be fine. The usual favorites for an optiplex like that are a GTX 750 ti, a 1050, or a 1050 ti. All decently powerful, affordable, and efficient.

I'm upgrading a old optiplex 7010, and want to put in a Gigabyte GT 1030 graphics card. I was wondering if 275 watts will be enough to power the system, or if I should upgrade it to a 400 watt Power supply.

Intel i3 8100

10gb ddr3 RAM

500gb Hard drive

250gb SSD

I dont know the rest

your fine, 1030 only pulls 30w. Id recc the RX 550 tho, its much better performing.

1 minute ago, NathanielCE said:

Intel i3 8100

10gb ddr3 RAM

500gb Hard drive

250gb SSD

I dont know the rest

I doubt its a 8100, it doesnt work with ddr3.

The 1030 is super low power, so yeah you should be fine. The usual favorites for an optiplex like that are a GTX 750 ti, a 1050, or a 1050 ti. All decently powerful, affordable, and efficient.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Firewrath9 said:

I doubt its a 8100, it doesnt work with ddr3.

That or it's DDR4

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

28 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

That or it's DDR4

Probably not an 8100 because there is no way to have 10GB of ram with DDR4. I am not aware of 2 GB DDR4 sticks.