Got and rx 560 and noticed something strange.

BootyDustBandit
Go to solution Solved by mariushm,

I don't see anything...

Any stuff that has TP near it means it's a TEST POINT,  it's a location where some signal is being brought to be read by an automated testing machine, to make sure the chips and parts on the board were placed properly and are working individually, basically make sure most parts on card are functioning properly before card is tested physically over the course of a few hours (vibration testing, heat testing, memory testing etc)

If you mean those things that look like wires where it says TP51 and TP52 my guess is that they're simply visual aids , to help workers quickly test manually when/if the automated machine throws some warning.

I'll keep this simple, bought a new RX 56p for a friend's PC for cheap and I saw what looks to be some kind of mod or maybe just something weird I never noticed before on these cards. The attached picture shows what I'm talking about. If anyone knows what this is that would be nice to know, I'm out of state right now and I don't have a test bench with me to see if it works. 

15437037329541290622964.jpg

I don't see anything...

Any stuff that has TP near it means it's a TEST POINT,  it's a location where some signal is being brought to be read by an automated testing machine, to make sure the chips and parts on the board were placed properly and are working individually, basically make sure most parts on card are functioning properly before card is tested physically over the course of a few hours (vibration testing, heat testing, memory testing etc)

If you mean those things that look like wires where it says TP51 and TP52 my guess is that they're simply visual aids , to help workers quickly test manually when/if the automated machine throws some warning.

1 minute ago, mariushm said:

I don't see anything...

ah, thanks man!