Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Steam's Recent Items sub menu in start menu disappeared

Hello, so my issue is in the title. There used to be a sub menu under Steam in start menu which would have couple most recent games, other steam links like Friends, Settings and such. Somehow, though that menu is not showing up, so I'm wondering what should I do. My other programs have that sub menu working the sub menus that I'm talking about look like this:

image.png.54a33ccb6080424b4b80bc47ace40e64.png

and as we can see, other programs like Chrome, Notepad, NordVPN and such work fine, but Steam just lost it's sub menu entirely.

I also checked my other machine, and there it's working just fine.

image.png.ad907c6c829270cc008367bdb172e33c.png

Any ideas?

I've tried usingin Iobit Uninstaller which deletes pretty much every rediusal file, but it didn't work, as Steam somehow still knew that it was me, who was signing on to the machine on my first log on.

Now I've done a fresh install of Windows 10 and still can't get it to work.

no idea what to put here

try running like 10+ different games and see if it comes back

On 12/1/2018 at 10:11 PM, DaltonM said:

try running like 10+ different games and see if it comes back

Tried, didn't help. Contacted Stem support, which redirected me to MS support which promised to call by now, but haven't got the call yet, one hour since the appointed time.

no idea what to put here

i know that steam is funky. there's like two versions. There's one I have pinned to my start bar, but when I click it, it opens another icon on the task bar. This makes me think there's multiple ways to launch steam. Try seeing the location of the shortcut on the computer where it's working. 

MS is going to be able to help you with steam's application support of windows features.