new motherboard not showing all 16gb of memory

hi everyone,

i posted about this before, but i swapped motherboards and got my amd r5 1600 x470 system up and running. i now have the msi x470 gaming pro motherboard but it will not show all 16gb of my memory. the motherboard sees all 4 sticks (4x4gb of Corsair vengeance @ 3000) individually, but will only truly read 8gb (which is reflected in windows). the task manager says that 8gb is in reserve still. i tried msconfig, changing slots, making sure the ram is set properly, flashed different bios. 

is there anything else i can do? 

4 minutes ago, TheWiseGuy said:

How much RAM is committed in task manager?

8gb of the 16gb. the 8 is reserved for hardware (?). 

Just now, AngelOfBodom said:

8gb of the 16gb. the 8 is reserved for hardware (?). 

Ok that means you only have 8gb remaining. So everything is showing up fine it is just windows is reserving 8 of the 16.

you do not install it right

try remove ram clean it and install it

or switch slot

1 with 3 slot ram

or

2 with 4 slot ram

I do not know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone

5 minutes ago, TheWiseGuy said:

Ok that means you only have 8gb remaining. So everything is showing up fine it is just windows is reserving 8 of the 16.

even though windows is showing the total is 8gb? i also noticed that it's reading my 1600 as an APU for some reason. is the a chipset/BIOS issue?

In task manager, under Performance tab, look down at Memory and find "Committed" should look like #/# give me those numbers.

On 12/1/2018 at 10:45 AM, TheWiseGuy said:

In task manager, under Performance tab, look down at Memory and find "Committed" should look like #/# give me those numbers.

sorry mate. didnt feel too well. for some odd reason i updated windows and it reads 16GB of RAM. I can't seem up OC/enable my XMP profile, but at least it reads. thank you!