Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PC Messed Up, Now Mouse Doesn't Work Right

hXcHector

I've always kept my PC running well. It was working fine yesterday and this morning. I uploaded some videos to edit, so I figured I'd overclock my CPU like I used to. I would overclock it all the time by selecting the automatic overclock option in the BIOS / UEFI.

When I did it this time, the computer didn't want to start up. It would start for a few seconds, not show anything on screen, then shut down or restart. I looked into some stuff online and read that it might just be an expansion card not seated properly. I pushed everything in a bit, and noticed my wifi / bluetooth card actually went in further.

I started up the computer again and it actually loaded, but it was going very slow. The CPU also got pretty hot and the computer auto shutdown. After trying to reduce the overclocking and running into start up issues, I cleared the CMOS in hopes that would fix it. It loaded incredibly slowly, but never shut down, and the mouse cursor moves but none of the buttons will click. I've tried different ports but I don't have a separate mouse. 

I've also tried restoring to previous version but kept getting an error. There's no overclocking or XMP on anymore, but it's still acting up. I cleared and re-updated the bios through m-flash, but it's still acting really poorly. I don't know what happened or what to do

• Motherboard: MSI X99A Gaming Pro Carbon
  • CPU: Intel i7-5820K
  • RAM: 32 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3200 Mhz
  • GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Over Clocked
  • PSU: CoolerMaster Silent Pro 800W 80 Plus Gold
  • Storage: Crucial 1 TB SSD and Western Digital Caviar Black 3 TB HDD

Edited by hXcHector
solved

This is kind of a long shot, but did you by any chance knock the cooler off-kilter when you were checking expansion slots?

1 minute ago, falconhand said:

This is kind of a long shot, but did you by any chance knock the cooler off-kilter when you were checking expansion slots?

I thought about that, but I checked the water block and it's still tight. No movement. I could always take it all the way off and put it back on if need be.

I took it off and put it back on. The water pump seems to be working. Windows loaded quickly this time, so maybe that was a slight issue. My mouse still doesn't want to click on anything for some reason. Keyboard seems to work.

Update: Computer seems to be working fine, though I don't want to try overclocking again. Only issue is the mouse doesn't want to click. no left or right click, but cursor movement. I have some logitech mouse that works completely fine when I plug it into this laptop, and even works in the windows advanced start up menus where it's all blue. Doesn't work when windows starts normally, and doesn't work when in safe mode.