CRAZY 1500 DRONE GIVEAWAY with IBM!

JonoT

This is by far the worst giveaway ever, and I put no blame on LTT. It's IBM who have severely screwed up. No international shipping is reasonable (it's expensive), but the fact that it is impossible to enter is not. Their site is horribly buggy and they contradict their own rules. They don't even do the bare minimum and notify you of entry. I've seen better giveaways that are fake. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Was watching last draw to see what they were looking, and this popped up in the comments, in the last moments of the stream:

image.png.a4e1ea09e9b1aea2717f80334717f1bd.png

This is not written anywhere in the rules, or in the challenges. And I don't see a "Shipping Info" challenge...

On 12/1/2018 at 10:37 PM, Marshy88 said:

This is by far the worst giveaway ever, and I put no blame on LTT. It's IBM who have severely screwed up. No international shipping is reasonable (it's expensive), but the fact that it is impossible to enter is not. Their site is horribly buggy and they contradict their own rules. They don't even do the bare minimum and notify you of entry. I've seen better giveaways that are fake. 

You are blaming the wrong people.  International giveaways have become impossible because of all the consumer protection laws passed in many countries.  Some require an option of cash value for instance.  Sometimes you can't have nice things because you chose protection, like with steam sales now kind of garbage because steam had to follow EU refund laws.

a frickin' drone?!  Let's goooo!

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

On 11/30/2018 at 11:36 PM, TetraSky said:

Oh boy, Canada too?!

"excluding Quebec".

I don't know why I still get my hopes up, I should know better by now, I really should. ?

I think by law it's near impossible to run one in Quebec. But I can understand why... if they had loads of scams in the past, they just gotta keep them out.

On 12/1/2018 at 5:42 AM, truezywoozy said:

Once you complete all the challenges in the first lot the website just seizes and won't work.

Also you could see EVERYONES email, I think this is meant for actual group projects instead of this

OOHHHH.... Does that mean we all got Doxed? GDPR nightmare? :(

Whoever was hired to design their site should be fired, its an unintuitive eye sore.

Huh, it looks like they removed the challenge to follow the guy on Twitter, because their Twitter integration is broken. However, they neglected to remove the OTHER challenge to tweet about it, even though THAT one doesn't work for the exact same reason.

Plus, it seems they added a duplicate "Start Here" challenge. Either that, or it bugged out and allowed me to complete the same one twice.

it starts at https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=https%3A%2F%2Fibm.biz%2Fdronedrop&redir_token=9ObJCdN5w8A_fLZUk3psE6dlShR8MTU0NDE2Mzc1M0AxNTQ0MDc3MzUz&event=video_description&v=mvlETSoBjxk i did the drone think saw on my phone that there are way more challanges cant see on my pc ok hit 5000 here is my profile https://ibmcoders.influitive.com/?&id=280

so you can only do one progect if you go to https://cognitiveclass.ai/ and do the progect you cant make a new watson asistant i wish asw didnt requier a credit card 

Still having tonnes of issues with IBM's website like @kuhnerdm. It tells me my password is incorrect but I use a password manager and only copy and paste everything. Then I reset it and it keeps giving me an error saying I need more than 8 characters when I have between 14-16. I'm done trying to get everything up and running through their site, even if I won a drone I wouldn't trust it on their "cloud". Makes me feel sad about Red Hat if this is how things are gonna go.

I started this LTT account to say how unhappy I am about it.

What I'd like to know (I haven't rly searched yet, just wondering if some1 here knows). If there are some SDKs for the run of the mill Chinese drones.

e.g., I have KY601S and I wouldn't be opposed to mess around with that :) .

Holy cheese balls, I actually won one of these suckers! (Yes I verified it was a legit email).

I know it's a small drone, but I'm actually dumbfounded I managed to get this lucky!

Many thanks Linus and gang for putting the word out about it!

E: FWIW, now when I log into my IBM drone experience thingy, there's a new challenge available called winners experience, the first part of which is inputting my shipping info, the rest of which seemingly will unlock once I get the code from the actual drone.

Screenshot_20181212-094253_Gmail.jpg