chromecast/miracast no longer supported PC

tangodownnz

Hi all,

I thought I would start this thread to try to get a crack pc genius to get this to work.

chromecast no longer support connection to PC which of course is absolutely ridiculous. Thats the whole reason I bought it to mirror my PC to my TV!

Surely there is some cleaver people out there who can write the necessary information in the look up table to make it work again.

Just hook up an HDMI cable.

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

26 minutes ago, tangodownnz said:

Hi all,

I thought I would start this thread to try to get a crack pc genius to get this to work.

chromecast no longer support connection to PC which of course is absolutely ridiculous. Thats the whole reason I bought it to mirror my PC to my TV!

Surely there is some cleaver people out there who can write the necessary information in the look up table to make it work again.

I haven't been able to get it to work with roku stick, roku 3, google chromecast, or amazon fire stick for well over a year. Reliably at least. I have gotten it to work with an app on a cheap chinese android tv, but it requires a third party app, and isnt great.

If there is a cheap reliable method for this I would be thrilled.