Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New better camera phone

Tobias8312

Hello everyone

I am currently using a Huawei p10 and I'm beginning to be a little bit tired of its camera.

I have been looking to buy a new phone since there are some good deals right now on smartphones here in Denmark.

But I am not sure where I get the most for my money, I am a little mixed with Huawei's aggressive processing and their cool colours, is that a problem I need to worry about?  

I have been looking at four different phones, because of their cameras and price.

Oneplus 6T at 670$ (no contract), Huawei P20 Pro at 620$, Huawei Mate 20 Pro 1005$, and last Samsung galaxy S9+ 803$

The two Huawei phones and the Samsung phone includes 6 months subscription plan in the price (worth like 100$)

warmer colours, but I am concerned about the battery life since my old Galaxy S6 had terrible battery life. 

Also, I know that the camera on the Pixel phones is fantastic, but they are not sold in Denmark so if I have to buy one I need to import it and a Pixel 3 XL would cost around 1450$.

Have I missed any other great phones, does anyone have some experience with the four phones I have been looking at?

I am looking for all the knowledge I can get, and all feedback both good and bad is welcome since I am not sure what is the best camera phone when the Pixel 3 xl is not an option.

Cheers

Tobias

How about the Pixel 2? If the price is cheap enough in your country, the camera on that is very close to the one on the Pixel 3 since most of the pixel's excellent camera is thanks the software rather than hardware. Of those phones the Mate 20 pro has a great camera if money isn't an issue for you, but even the Oneplus 6T camera won't disappoint you. 

print "Hello World!" ("Hello World!")

20 minutes ago, Airdragonz said:

How about the Pixel 2? If the price is cheap enough in your country, the camera on that is very close to the one on the Pixel 3 since most of the pixel's excellent camera is thanks the software rather than hardware. Of those phones the Mate 20 pro has a great camera if money isn't an issue for you, but even the Oneplus 6T camera won't disappoint you. 

A pixel 2 XL is around 700$, but with older hardware (4gb ram and Snapdragon 835) + No voLTE and voWIFI support since it's not officially on the Danish marked, I don't think it's better than the other options.

S6 battery life was quite bad anyway.

Pixel 3/XL would be best, but.. 1450 holy shit... why so much? Oo Directly at Google it should be 950. And you sadly missed the -200€ on black friday.

Oneplus 6t has an incredibly sick battery life. If i'm not on the go (cellular takes up more battery) i easy get 8+ hours screen on time. Even seen people beat 10 hours.

Camera is.. Not quite on the "top level", but comes quite close. With the GCam port, it improves even more: 

P20 Pro and Mate 20 Pro have very very similar camera results. Wonder if Mate 20 is worth THAT much more money.. i don't really think so :/ Even if it is indeed a very nice device. Images can turn up really great, Huawei's night mode is great (Oneplus 6t has NIghtscape AND Google's Night Sight with the GCam port).

I came from the Galaxy S7 Edge (which beat the S6 by easy 40-50% in battery Life), and Oneplus 6t has a better battery life, than my S7 Edge ever had, even when it launched and i got 7+ hours SoT.

Camera also beats the S7 one in my Opinion, even in low Lights. And that even without the Google Cam port.

I think, coming from a P10, this camera will be alot better, and also in every aspect (performance, screen etc).

And another Video from Jonathan Morrison, showing how well the Oneplus 6t can compete: 

3 hours ago, Darkseth said:

S6 battery life was quite bad anyway.

Pixel 3/XL would be best, but.. 1450 holy shit... why so much? Oo Directly at Google it should be 950. And you sadly missed the -200€ on black friday.

Oneplus 6t has an incredibly sick battery life. If i'm not on the go (cellular takes up more battery) i easy get 8+ hours screen on time. Even seen people beat 10 hours.

Camera is.. Not quite on the "top level", but comes quite close. With the GCam port, it improves even more: 

P20 Pro and Mate 20 Pro have very very similar camera results. Wonder if Mate 20 is worth THAT much more money.. i don't really think so :/ Even if it is indeed a very nice device. Images can turn up really great, Huawei's night mode is great (Oneplus 6t has NIghtscape AND Google's Night Sight with the GCam port).

I came from the Galaxy S7 Edge (which beat the S6 by easy 40-50% in battery Life), and Oneplus 6t has a better battery life, than my S7 Edge ever had, even when it launched and i got 7+ hours SoT.

Camera also beats the S7 one in my Opinion, even in low Lights. And that even without the Google Cam port.

I think, coming from a P10, this camera will be alot better, and also in every aspect (performance, screen etc).

And another Video from Jonathan Morrison, showing how well the Oneplus 6t can compete: 

Thanks.

I am thinking about mate 20 pro isn't worth the price since the other options

So now it's between Oneplus 6t, S9+ and p20 pro

I think the Oneplus 6t is the most balanced device, meaning great battery life, faster software updates and no TouchWiz and EMUI, and a good camera.

I like the p20 pro's camera, but no stabilization on 4K + cold colours (my opinion) and a weaker SoT, but great battery life.

The S9+ has a great overall camera, not strong battery life which is annoying and TouchWiz with lots of bloatware and very slow to make new android updates.

S9+ will get the new "One UI", that will probably launch with Android 9 update. There is a good chance, Samsung gets their Software much better. 

However: S9+ still has other features going. It is REALLY a very solid software experience, with mostly zero Bugs, zero problems whatsoever.

It comes with a headphone Jack, stereo speakers, one of the best 1440p Oled displays you can find in any smartphone, Samsung's Auto Brightness is among the best on the market, Design / Feel is incredibly good.

Oh yea, and Qi Charging. (still, i chose the Oneplus 6t over s9+, because i wanted a change from Samsung for a while).

P20 Pro does have a good battery life, a very interesting camera that can do alot.

They all have perks^^

But i can tell you, the Oneplus 6t is a really really solid phone overall. It does have some disadvantages (like no Qi Charging, no headphone Jack), but you can work around that easy. The important things are there, and work really good.

i've read from alot of people, they have a 2 year old Oneplus 3t or even 2,5 year old Oneplus 3. They would like to upgrade to 6t, but it's not that much worth because their OP3 still runs so well :P And that's a good sign.